CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED FORTY-THREE: Dad V

NOTES: If you guys thought Izuku talking to Tenko like he just didn't learn he's Tomura is sus, get a load of this chapter. 😂

---

The broadcast for the new hero charts had just finished. The new no. 2 hero, Hawks, wound up interrupting the speeches of his peer, and even provoked and questioned some of them with their intentions in delivering such generic speeches instead of trying to inspire the public in this worsening situation.

The new no. 1 hero, on the other hand, only had three words to say.

Once the broadcast ended and he and his classmates finished dinner, Izuku excused himself to his room where upon he decided to take a shower to freshen himself up before his video call with his family at home.

After 20 minutes, after putting on new clothes, and while patting his hair dry with his towel, he wento to check up on his phone which he had left charging before he came down earlier, and found that it wasn't done charging yet.

He let out a sigh before putting his phone down, then he took a good look around his room full of All Might merch.

After about 10 seconds of just looking around, he decided that something needed to change.

All the posters, the figures, the plushes, they've all been in the same arrangement since he first moved in. Izuku felt like it's time to change them up a little.

Izuku began by first taking his All Might bedsheet and All Might pillowcases and putting them on the laundry bin to be washed tomorrow. These are probably the only items in his room that have actually cycled since he settled.

Afterwards, he took the original boxes of his figures from his closet, and one by one, picked the figures that he wanted to keep in storage for now. It was difficult for him to pick favorites and he actually teared up, but it had to be done. It was the same feeling he had back when had to move to Heights Alliance for the first time and he realized he couldn't bring all of his All Might stuff. There were just too many.

Once he was able to decide which figures were going to storage (and let's be honest, it was only about three), he proceeded to carefully remove the posters and banners on his wall. He has no plans on putting any of these into storage, but he does plan to put up a new poster he received from his brother just a few days ago.

It's a rare signed poster from All Might's first year as a hero in Japan, in great condition too!

With his room now a somewhat blank canvas again, he began his redecorating. First beginning by rearranging all the remaining figures and plushes, then hanging up his posters in their new places on the wall.

He also decided to move some of his furniture around, which wasn't much of a hassle, before finally getting new bedsheets (still All Might, of course) and new pillowcases (also All Might).

Once he put on the last pillowcase on the final pillow, Izuku let himself fall face first onto his bed. And with that, after almost three hours, he was finally done.

A slight satisfied smile appeared on Izuku's face as he contentedly laid on his bed and sniffed his newly changed bedsheets. That smell is the best. It was so soothing.

Izuku let his eyes close for a bit, and was about to completely drift off to sleep, when he was hit by a sudden realization and his eyes immediately snapped open.

"SHII--" Izuku cursed as he immediately tried getting up and jumping off his bed to try and get to his laptop on his desk across the room.

He hurriedly turned his laptop on and immediately began a now very late video call with his dad and sister.