CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED THIRTY-NINE: Revisit

NOTES: Haha- forgot the very important reminder that something is wrong last chapter, but I figured you guys are probably sick of it so expect zip from me from now on. 😁🤐

---

After wholly missing 1-B's stage play except for the ending and grand reveal (which Tenko and Izuku both honestly found a little meh), the Midoriya siblings made their way to watch the beauty pageant.

There were eight contestants overall coming from the various departments and years. These contestants included Itsuka Kendo from 1-B, Nejire Hado from 3-A, and Bibimi Kenranzaki from 3-G, the reigning Queen of last year's pageant. They were all to present themselves to the spectators who were also the voters.

Once all their presentations were finished, the voting for the winner, which will be announced at the end of the day, begun exactly as most students and guests went to get lunch, either from the stands or the cafeteria.

Eri had wanted to try a few foods she saw from the stands so they bought her food from them before heading over to the cafeteria.

Upon arriving, however, they were surprised to see that the place was almost full already. They had some difficulty trying to locate a free table for them, when who else flagged them down other than Tenya and Tensei who had a few free seats at their table to offer them.

(a/n: quick reminder that Tensei was saved from his fate)

Tenko and Izuku walked towards them and thanked the two Iidas. Tenko, who had been carrying Eri put her down, and the three of them took their seats. Adohira went to order the two brothers' lunch while Eri began eating hers.

Tensei was slightly surprised to see a little girl with the two brothers and so he asked, "Hey, who's this?"

To which Tenya answered himself, "Her name is Eri. She is Izuku and Tenko's little sister."

"Oh." Tensei only said, then he looked over to the little girl and introduced himself, "Hello, my name is Tensei. I'm your brother's classmate's older brother. I'm also known as the hero Ingenium. Nice to meet you."

Eri swallowed her food first before replying with a cute and bright smile, "Nice to meet you too, Tensei-niisan. Tenya-niisan was really helpful earlier, so I'm really thankful to him!"

Tensei just smiled back at the little girl, then afterwards, he looked over to Tenko.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?" Tensei begun a conversation with the eldest Midoriya.

"Yeah, the last time we saw each other was at the Sports Festival." Tenko replied then he asked, "So how has hero work been?"

Tensei chuckled a bit, "It's alright for the most part. Villain activity is slowly climbing thanks to All Might's retirement but Team Idaten has managed. We needed to stay extra vigilant. The League of Villains is still roaming free out there, after all."

Tensei's voice was a bit more serious at the end of his statement. Tenko just hummed as he slowly nodded.

Then he asked, "So do you heroes have any leads to the league yet? The Hero Commission often creates taskforces for large investigations such as this, right? Are there any at the moment? Is your agency in one of them?"

His brother's questions immediately caught Izuku's attention.

Tensei was a little surprised by Tenko's interest in the matter, but still, he answered the latter's questions as best he could, "No, I don't think the Hero Commission has any major leads yet. And as of my knowledge, I don't believe a taskforce has been created, but if there is, it's possible my agency may be called to help."

Tenko hummed upon receiving his answer, and his eyes grew a little bored, which Tensei, Tenya, and Izuku caught.

"'How disappointing.'" Izuku suddenly said, making the three other men at the table look over to him in confusion.

"What?" Tenko asked as he furrowed his brows.

Izuku looked at his brother straight in the eye, then he repeated, "'How disappointing.' That's what went through your mind just a second ago, right?"

After Izuku's question, Tenko immediately caught on and he confirmed his little brother's accusation, "Y-yeah, it did," Then he tried defending himself, "But I was never going to say it! You're the one who said it out loud."

Izuku scoffed and with a monotone voice, he said, "But you still thought of it. There was no way you would've asked those questions unless you wanted to criticize heroes. So don't you tell me otherwise, Tenko."

"But I didn't say it, did I? That's much better than actually saying it!" Tenko tried convincing his little brother, but it was no use. Eri just continued eating as she watched this all go down, though.

Tensei just sat there confused by what the Midoriya brothers were talking about, until his own brother cleared it up to him.

"Izuku's brother isn't a huge fan of heroes." Tenya told Tensei, taking the latter off guard and surprising him.

It didn't seem like it to him at all with the time he'd spent with Tenko. Tensei himself is a hero, yet the eldest Midoriya was acting nicely to him. He didn't even sense any kind of malice in the man towards him. Not to mention, his brother is studying to be a hero, right? Why let his own brother become one of the heroes he hates?

Eventually, though, Adohira returned with Tenko and Izuku's lunch and the conversation was put to a halt while they ate.

Tenya and Tensei finished their food earlier than the Midoriyas as they were already eating when the latter group joined them, but the next ones to finish were Eri and Adohira, who didn't eat as much.

As Tenko ate, however, his wristwatch's alarm begun going off. It wasn't loud enough to catch a lot of attention. In reality, it was quiet enough not to be noticed even by the other people sitting at the desk. Add in the noise from the arguably loud cafeteria, and Tenko was the only one who really noticed it.

Tenko set down his chopsticks then he excused himself from the table.

"I'm sorry, I need to go somewhere for a second." He said as he stood up.

Izuku was surprised and he asked his brother while food was still in his mouth, "Hey, where are you going?"

Tenko just smiled at his little brother and he told him, "Don't worry, I'll be back quickly. Just watch over my food, okay?"

Before Izuku could protest, Tenko had already put some distance between himself and their table. Izuku was confused but he decided to trust his brother, and he just continued eating.

---

NOTES: *zip* 🤐

You're hearing nada from me from now on.

Also, this chapter was supposed to have another scene in it, but I realized that it was already long enough. That other scene is also quite long so I decided to split them.