CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED FIFTY-FIVE (Part One): Death

How without luck is he who meets the eyes of death. - Unknown

-

"SHEESH!" Denki exclaimed, "Everyone's getting all worked out all of a sudden after we lost contact with Bakugo's team! I mean-- it's Bakugo! He can handle it I'm pretty sure. His explosions are out of this world!"

Denki (HN: Chargebolt) a little loudly boasted his explosive friend to the air. His teammates didn't really mind that he was being proud about his friend, but what they did mind was the volume of his voice.

"Chargebolt-kun, I think it would be best to lower your voice. We are still in a battlefield with enemies possibly lurking in the shadows. We don't want to attract their attention." Kinoko (HN: Shemage) cautioned the electric blond, to which their other group member, Yosetsu (HN: Welder) nodded his head aggressively.

"Oh come on, the worst case scenario is that we go up against Midoriya, right? Yeah, he's pretty powerful but that guy wouldn't hurt a fly." Denki argued.

As he heard that, however, the last member of their group who was walking in the lead suddenly stopped, causing the rest of the group to stop as well.

The last member furrowed his brows and then he looked back at Denki.

"Kaminari, you've met Midoriya's father already, haven't you?" The last member asked, to which Denki slowly nodded, confused.

"Then you know how scary that man is?" The last member asked again, immediately reminding Denki of the first time their class had met him, making Denki nod faster in fear.

The last member scoffed, "Izuku can be as scary as him."

This person knows it well now. He was foolish to think that Izuku wouldn't be like those two monsters. Hell, when he first met Tomura Shigaraki, he was just like how Izuku was when they first became friends, he didn't felt cold, he was even warm and friendly.

But it was just a mask, a veil, and Hitoshi knows better now.

Denki was taken aback by his classmate's words, but he just watched as Hitoshi (HN: Mute) turned around and began to walk again.

(a/n: credits to cybercommand3 for Shinso's hero name!)

"Geez," Denki said as he rubbed the back of his head, "Were you two's falling out really that bad? I mean, Shinso, Izuku risked his life for you."

Hitoshi stopped in his tracks as he heard that. The look on his face was like a deer's in headlights, before his face scrunched into a frown and grimace.

Did he? Did he really? Did he really risk his life? Or was it me who risked my life by getting close to him?! He yelled in his mind.

Denki, Yosetsu, and Kinoko all watched as Hitoshi's shoulders went tense, his hands folded into fists and he clenched them tight in apparent anger.

Denki reached his hand out and was about to apologize and calm Hitoshi down when their group noticed and saw someone in green walk out from a corner.

Their eyes all went wide as they collectively dodged an incoming attack from the greenet.

Hitoshi looked back at the attack that whirred past them and saw how quickly it dissipated, making Hitoshi furrow his brows inslivht confusion and suspicion.

"Everyone get in defensive positions quick!" Yosetsu ordered his teammates, and they were quick to get on their feet and begin to run towards each other.