CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED FORTY-TWO: Quirk V

NOTES: While doing some research for this arc, I learned that Eri is actually about a year older than Kota. I thought they were the same age, but apparently, she's older.

---

The month of October has come to an end and November has arrived. For most, it signifies the nearing of the Winter months, but for the hero industry in Japan, it means it's time for the biannual Hero Billboard Chart.

The whole of Japan has its eyes on this half year's Hero Charts, especially as it would be the first in decades that All Might won't be in it.

With the rising rate of crime that came after the Kamino Incident and All Might's retirement, the public will be more critical of this time's chart, and will have higher expectations to be met.

In UA High School, however, in celebration of their return from hiatus, a certain hero team decided to pay the first years of the heroics department, accompanied as well by their 5 year old companion who--

"WHAAAAAAAAT ARE THESE??!"

The loud voice of a small male child could be heard throughout the first and second floor of 1-A's dormitory, causing most if not all to look over to the owner of the voice.

"Izuku Midoriya! What on Earth are these?! Answer me!" Kota asked, his voice raised and angry, as his hands were gripping the elder greenet's own bandaged hands as tight as he could, although it wasn't something significant for Izuku.

Izuku could only chuckle nervously as he looked around, embarrassed that they've managed to capture the attention of everyone, then he looked back at the child to explain himself.

"T-they're bandages, K-Kota--" Izuku tried to answer but he was immediately cut off by the little kid.

"Exactly! Bandages! Why would you have bandages if you're not injured?! These are from the night you fought that villain, right?! You said the doctors would fix your arms! SO WHY ARE THESE HERE?!" Kota asked angrily again.

Izuku could only manage to chuckle nervously before trying to tell the little boy, "My arms really are fine, Kota, really. These bandages mean nothing. If anything, the bandages are just here for decoration, please believe me."

Izuku tried to assure and plead to the little kid, but from the scowl that was still present in Kota's face, Izuku could tell all his explanations and pleas fell to deaf ears.

Izuku could only sigh in defeat.

Shino (Mandalay) couldn't help but chuckle at the sight as she walked towards her nephew and the greenet.

"I'm really sorry about Kota, Midoriya-kun. He's just really excited to see you again." Shino told the greenet.

"No, it's alright, Mandalay-san." Izuku said as he stood up from kneeling, "It's nice seeing Kota again-- seeing the Wild Wild Pussycats again! It has been a few months since the training camp."

Shino's smile faded upon the mention of the failed training camp.

"Listen, Midoriya-kun," Shino said, her voice sounding apologetic. Izuku could tell what's about to come.

"About the camp, we- I never got to apologizing for failing you and your classmates for that night. I saw how devastated you were and I--"

"Mandalay-san, please stop." Izuku cut her off, making Shino flinch a bit.

"It's alright, Mandalay-san." Izuku said with a warm smile, "I know you and the rest of the Pussycats did your best to protect us, like heroes should. You were all able to bring Shinso back. That wasn't a failure in my eyes."