CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED FORTY-FOUR: Shouto

NOTES: Before we begin, I'd like to apologize to Kuya Aster for accidentally spoiling him on Discord because I didn't know he reads this book. (;'༎ຶٹ༎ຶ')

Don't bother asking him what I spoiled because I already threatened kuya to zip or else. (;'༎ຶٹ༎ຶ')🔪

---

It was 10am on a Sunday, and Shouto had just finished doing his chores for the day which mostly consisted of vacuuming his room and doing some laundry. Afterwards, he went downstairs to the common room, where upon arriving, he immediately turned his attention over to the kitchen where he had seen Izuku and Rikido earlier making something. Sure enough, the two were still there, though it seemed like they were just finishing whatever they were cooking.

Shouto was able to catch a whiff of whatever the two made and thought that it smelled amazing. He decided to walk nearer to see what they had made exactly as Izuku was placing them into a box.

"It smells nice." Shouto commented as he stood near his friend and classmate while looking at the two pies they made, then he asked, "Did you make this, Izuku? What kind of pies are they?"

"They're apple pies. Rikido-kun helped me make them. I'm going to visit home today, and I thought of bringing something I made home." Izuku told his bichromatic friend.

(a/n: someone had the fucking audacity to accuse Izuku of bUyInG the caramel apples he had made for Eri during the school festival. >:[[[)

"Midoriya-kun has actually been progressing real quickly the past week. All I really had to do this time was watch over him. He did most of the prepping and baking this time." Rikido interjected, praising their greenet classmate, which made Izuku slightly blush and nervously rub the back of his head.

"But anyway,"Rikido then said as he began to excuse himself from the two, "Since my job is done here, I better go finish the rest of my to-do list today. See you two later, Midoriya-kun, Todoroki-kun."

"See you later, Rikido-kun. Thank you for helping me again!" Izuku thanked his classmate as the latter parted with them, while Shouto quietly and weakly waved bye as well.

Izuku then looked over to his bichromatic friend and asked, "How about you, Shouto-kun?"

Shouto just gave the greenet a blank confused stare as he remained quiet, as if asking the greenet to elaborate his question.

Izuku immediately understood the awkward silence from his friend and so elaborated, "I mean, what are you doing today, Shouto-kun? Don't you have to attend the special hero training classes today? Oh! How is Inasa-kun, by the way?"

"Y-Yoarashi-san is still his usual enthusiastic self. He hasn't stopped approaching me to become his friend yet, even after I've rejected him multiple times." Shouto answered in a monotonous voice, though there was a hint of annoyance that managed to slip in his tone, making Izuku chuckle upon recognizing it.

"As for our special hero course, we don't have any lectures or activities today." He told the greenet.

"Oh." Izuku could only exclaim, "It's your free day today. Well, what do you plan to do today then?" Izuku asked with a smile before turning his attention to the box containing the pies he had made and focusing on tying the ribbon on it.

Shouto remained quiet for a few seconds, unable to think of what to answer. He didn't have any set plans on how he would spend that free day of his. He was thinking of focusing on his flame control after finishing his chores, and maybe asking Izuku to train with him as well, but since the greenet will be visiting home for the day, it looks like his plan to train with his friend wasn't going to happen.