CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED SIXTY-NINE: Fool

NOTES: Hey, does anyone remember the three guys that failed successfully in assassinating Tenko back during the Internship I Prologue? Coz I sure am certain you guys don't! 🤣🤣🤣

Also, that title sounds a wee bit too April Fools-y for my taste. ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭ I kinda wished it's April 1 all over again so I could use the fact to my advantage.

---

A group of men grunted and visibly struggled as they felt themselves getting cornered.

The chaos in the hallways outside and at the floors below them had begun to seem so one-sided even after all their valiant efforts to push back their enemy. Screams of their men and workers could be heard, yells of pleas for mercy echoed before being cut down or gutted.

"S-sirs! P-please get to the b-bunker for your safety. W-we'll hold them off-- make you seem like you've escaped-- so please--" One man, a senior worker it seemed, pleaded to his three bosses.

"Why is the only option left to make it seem we got away?! Where is the chopper?! Where are any escape vehicles?!" One of the three bosses, a relatively young man with a strong build who wore an eyepatch over his right eye, asked the senior worker in a display that seemed furious and whiny.

"T-the-- all-- t-they're not-- they can't come, sir... t-they-they won't b-be coming..." The senior worker answered, his voice shaking as he tried to tell the grim truth, as he truly began to realize that he and the rest of his coworkers-- his friends really were going to die there.

The strongly-built man's eye went wide as he felt the terror in the senior worker's words and he just froze as his hands began to tremble.

One of the other two bosses, an effeminate young man who seemed to just be about a year or two older than the first boss, gritted and clenched his teeth in anger and desperation before turning around to yell and scold the remaining boss, a man who looked to be much much older than the first two bosses.

"Aniue! This is all your fault! You're the one who made us join that Chisaki guy! You're the one who forced us to betray Shigaraki! Now look where you've gotten us!"

"We were much safer, much more stable working for All for One, aniue! Why did you have to plan to betray his son?!" The effeminate man asked his older brother in anger and hopelessness.

But all the reminders of the eldest man's failures only made him blow up at his younger brother, "How on earth was I supposed to know that the brat was actually dependable?! How on earth was I supposed to know he was actually a formidable successor to All for One?!"

"He just suddenly popped out of nowhere four years ago and had only ran minor errands for his father since then! When All for One was suddenly captured by the heroes, how was I supposed to believe that 20-something year old kid would be able to take over that man's empire in one night?! Tell me, Ushio! Would you have had faith in that kid under all that circumstance?!" The eldest asked.

"Yes! I would have! And we wouldn't be in this situation if you hadn't made the decision to betray Shigaraki before telling me and Mitsuo!" The effeminate man, Ushio snapped back.

Their argument had to come to a sudden end however, when the screaming outside the room came to a halting stop for one full second before the wooden doors and the walls surrounding them came crashing to the floor in pieces before four-- six-- no, seven-- eight-- eight Nomu began overrunning the room they were in.

The three bosses' men tried all they could to push them back with their guns and Quirks while the three bosses were being led into the bunker behind the back walls of the room, but before long, one by one, they were all swiftly delivered to death's door and their numbers dwindled down to practically none.