CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED FORTY-ONE (Part 3): Mistakes

NOTES: Please forget that the characters had been referring to the creepy doctor as 'Daruma Ujiko' all this time. I made a mistake, his name is Kyudai Garaki.

Just pretend they've been calling him Dr. Garaki this whole time. :p

---

It was the evening of the same day as UA's Culture Festival.

Hisashi was at his study and was at the very end of rearranging the books in the shelves. He was acutely aware of the time and had no doubt that Tenko and Eri would be arriving shortly.

As much as he would've preferred joining his children for his youngest son's first culture festival, he couldn't. And it was probably for the better that he didn't, for two reasons.

One, because All Might would be there. And two, because--

Black mist suddenly appeared inside the study, and a short round old man walked out of it, exactly as Hisashi pushed the last book he had into the shelf.

Hisashi looked over to his visitor, and he greeted him with a smile, "Garaki-hakase, what a surprise! What called for this visit?"

(a/n: 'hakase' means doctor or professor)

Hisashi had noticed that the doctor was in a foul mood that early evening, and the reason for that, he correctly deduced was related to whatever the latter had probably wished to talk about.

"Hisashi-kun, we can't stall our plans any further. We need to start on the next phase immediately." The doctor told Hisashi with a slightly frustrated and urgent tone in his voice.

Hisashi's smile faded to a neutral look, and he simply made his way back to his chair.

"Hisashi-kun," Kyudai began in a more polite but still urgent tone, "There were no issues found during Nine's trial run, and Tomura's body didn't reject your Quirk even after all this time as initially expected. There's absolutely nothing else left other than for you to authorize the next phase." Kyudai asserted.

"..."

Hisashi sat on his chair and remained quiet for a short while before he gave his answer to the doctor in a slightly patronizing tone, "You know that's not for me to decide, hakase."

"It's up to Tenko when the next phase will begin. It's his body, after all." Hisashi told the doctor with a smile.

The doctor furrowed his brows at the answer he received, and his eyes just grew bored.

"Just like before, is that it?" Kyudai asked the man he'd worked for for so many decades.

Hisashi just smiled as he leaned forward and rested his chin on his intertwined fingers, "I'm glad you understand, hakase."

The doctor just looked at the man before him with a frown before shaking his head and letting out a sigh.

"If that's what you've decided, then there's nothing I can do but obey." Kyudai backed down, which seemed to have delighted Hisashi even more.

"Is there anything else you wanted to talk about, hakase?" Hisashi asked, to which Kyudai shook his head no.

"No, that was all." Was all the doctor said before he turned around and left through the Kurogiri's gate.

The moment the black mist receded, however, the smile on Hisashi's face disappeared almost immediately, and with an annoyed and irritated look in his eyes, he looked over to the ghost standing right beside the shelves on the right side of the room.