CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED FIFTY-EIGHT: All of One III

The four heroes just remained in their place as they stood before someone who they didn't think would be so cruel, yet was standing there with his two teammates unconscious beside his feet, seemingly having been the reason for it.

Tenya furrowed his brows underneath his helmet, and he was the first one to take a step forward after the greenet had practically confirmed that he was the one to beat his own teammates.

"I-Izuku, it's a joke, right?" Tenya asked his friend, "A trick? An act? You didn't actually hurt your own teammates. Y-you wouldn't."

Shihai and Ibara almost looked lifeless beside the greenet's feet, their breathing still there, but very shallow.

"Izuku..." Tenya continued to plead to his friend, "Izuku, we need to get Kuroiro and Shiozaki to Recovery Girl quickly, so please--"

"I thought that they weren't hurt? That they're just acting dead?" Izuku used Tenya's words against him.

"Also, you're suddenly making me out to be the reason for their states right now-- which is correct, I won't deny it, but weren't you just trying to convince yourself that I didn't do this? Pick a side, Tenya." Izuku reprimanded the knight, making the latter wince.

"Izuku..." Tenya tried to plead to his friend under his breath, What are you doing, Izuku?

"It wasn't my fault anyways." Izuku informed the heroes, "They had planned to betray me and remove me from the exercise themselves. I only acted in self-defense."

Izuku then reached into the pocket of his pants, making the four heroes all raise their guards and prepare for an attack, but Izuku just returned them a look that told them to calm down.

They all then watched as Izuku took out a defeat-and-capture reporting device from his pocket, and began to speak into it.

"I assume that you teachers saw what just happened here through the cameras, but seeing as that I managed to blow those same cameras away just now, I'll confirm it to you. This is Midoriya, and I've successfully defeated and knocked my two teammates unconscious. They will no longer be participating in the exercise, and likely, will need some medical assistance. You will have to wait till we're all done before you can retrieve them though as per the rules."

A twisted and sick smile appeared on Izuku's face as he said that last sentence, sending shivers to the heroes present as they watched the greenet capture a photo using the device and send it to the Pro Heroes in the observation room.

The heroes all gritted and clenched their teeth at the sick display Izuku was showing them, they couldn't bear to stomach it.

"M-Midoriya, snap out of it already!" Kyoka yelled at him, "We already get that you're playing a villain, but this has gone far enough!"

"This isn't you! This isn't like you, Midoriya!" Kyoka reprimanded her classmate, making Izuku wince and his face soften and become confused.

"I... I was..." Izuku said as his stance became more unsure, and he began to take a few steps back.

The heroes began to rejoice in their minds as it seemed like Izuku had finally snapped out of his villain act and has begun to realize the weight of what he'd just done.

But this celebration was shortlived.

It only took a second. They had foolishly let their guard down and now they were about to pay for it.

Kyoka froze as she saw a bandaged hand take over the majority of her vision, and from behind that hand, she heard the coldest voice she has ever heard from the greenet, "I wasn't me? What a joke."