CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED FORTY-SEVEN: Secret

NOTES: I woke up early so here's a slightly early update. 😁

---

The sound of footsteps echoed quietly in the ivory hallway. It was an insignificant noise to say the least, considering how it easily meld with the ambience of the hospital wing, but it seemed like the only sound Naomasa's ears were paying attention to.

Naomasa was wearing his usual outfit that day, a light tan coat over a typical business dress shirt underneath. In his hands were two cans of coffee he got from a vending machine he walked past earlier.

Naomasa rounded the corner at the end of the hallway that he'd been, before stopping at the first room he came across.

He looked at the name posted just beside the door in front of him to check that he was at the right room, then after taking a quick breath, he pulled the sliding door open to the side.

The person that was already inside of the room immediately raised their guard as they heard the door open, but once they saw who the new guest was, they breathed a somewhat sigh of relief.

"Naomasa-kun, you startled me." The person stated, which just made Naomasa smile slightly.

"Yagi-san, good evening." Naomasa greeted the former no. 1 hero.

"Your co-workers at UA said you would be here." Naomasa mentioned as he walked towards his friend and handed over one of the cans of coffee.

"T-thank you." Toshinori said as he accepted the drink.

The two of them opened their cans simultaneously, but while Naomasa didn't take a sip just yet, Toshinori meanwhile, immediately downed almost half his can's contents.

Toshinori let out a slightly exhausted breath as he slouched forward in his seat again. Then he turned his gaze back at the person admitted to the room that they were in.

The one that Toshinori was visiting, the one who still hasn't woken up after being attacked at the raid that he participated in a month ago. Toshinori's mentor, Gran Torino.

"Has the doctors said anything about when Torino-san might wake up?" Naomasa asked, to which Toshinori just slowly shook his head no in despondence.

Toshinori let out another exhausted breath as he pressed his face against his hands in silent frustration, "No. They don't have any idea when Sensei will wake up." He told Naomasa, "They said that it's possible that he'll wake up in a few months, but they also said that there's the chance that he might not wake up at all."

Toshinori grimaced, "If only I still had One for All, if only I could still fight and be there to help, then maybe Sensei wouldn't be in this state."

"Damn the league. Damn All for One!" Toshinori cursed out loud, "If only that devil had died six years ago, if only he hadn't escaped me twice!"

Naomasa saw how much his friend was shaking in anger. He was full of frustration and rage, towards both himself and the villain(s) responsible, and who wouldn't if they were in his shoes?

Gran Torino has been like a father to Toshinori, much like how Nana was like a mother to him. He's forever grateful for the two of them for having been and being in his life. He still feels regret and anguish over losing Nana in the hands of All for One, so if he loses Gran Torino this time too, there would be no forgiving himself.