CHAPTER 31

CHAPTER 31
•The Real Sound of the Bell•

Sapphire's POV

I am currently in the library doing nothing. I have my books, rolls of parchments, inks and quills, notebooks spread all over the table infront of me but all of these were useless. I haven't use them since I entered the library.

I already spent two hours just by staring at the ceiling anf the bookshelves alternately. Call me crazy but I am.

After the conversation I have with George this morning, I felt that the old me was back again. You can call me overacting and it's fine. I trust George that easy because I believe that we'll have a chance but I was wrong. That trust was just a waste. I thought he likes me but my hopes was wrong. Very wrong.

I miss him but he is with Katie again.

I told myself that I don't have the rights to be jealous but that's what I am feeling right now. I can't fight for him because he's not mine.

It will just like being in a war. If you don't have the weapon, you'll lose. And that's what I am right now.

I miss all of them. Hermione, Ginny, Ron, Harry, Fred, George and Natela. I want to hang out with Nat but Fred always sticks with her. If there's Fred meaning there will be George.

"Why so grumpy?"

I looked up and saw Cedric smiling playfully looking at my things and at me.

"Nothing. I just feel like lazing around today" I said sighing.

Cedric sat infront of me with his one brow raising as if he's telling me to tell the truth. I sighed again and straightened my posture.

"I just missed my friends"

"Then why don't you hang with them? I'm pretty sure they missed you too" Cedric said furrowing his brows.

"I can't"

"And why is that?" he asked.

I sighed before I was about to talk when the last person I wanted to see right now just popped behind Cedric smirking like an evil. Where the hell is the sweet Katie I knew?

"You guys dating?" she asked. The smirk still plastered on her face.

Cedric stood up, looked at me then Katie before saying 'No'. Katie just laughed and looked at me with her brows raising.

"No it's fine. That's great tho. You guys shouldn't hide your relationship. The pretty boy and the mute stone dating. This should go viral" she said winking at me before walking away. Cedric half yelled no but she already got away laughing crazily.

This is a fucking library, how could she laugh like that? She's nuts.

"I'm sorry Sapphire, I got you into trouble" Cedric said sounding very concerned and apologetic. I gave him a reassuring smile and said that it's okay because it's not really his fault.

Cedric got out of the library and so was I.

But before going back to the common room, I decided to go first to the restroom since I really needed to take a pee. And good thing I was alone so I immediately entered an empty cubicle.

Unfortunately, as I got out, I saw Katie and Angelina leaning on the sink looking straight at me. I didn't mind them and just washed my hands. And when I was about to get out, Katie pulled my hair back that made me flinch. What the hell is her problem?

"We need to talk so stay here" she said.

"What is it? I need to go" I told them boringly.

"I need you to stay away from George. He's about to ask me to be his girlfriend so stay away from the picture. If I saw you around him, I won't think twice to hit you with a quaffle. You get it?" she said pointing at my face.

I kept my face stoic as I met her eyes.

"Okay" I said and walked away.

When I finally stepped out of the bathroom, the tears that I'm trying to hold fell like crazy. So George is already courting her? So what am I to him? Am I just his fuck buddy? I thought what happened between us is special but it was just pure bullshit.

I dried my eyes and kept on wiping it with my sleeves before entering the common room. I made sure I didn't look like a mess before anyone inside can see me like this.

But when I stepped inside, the whole gang is sitting by the fireplace talking at each other, but they all stopped when they saw me.

"Saph. Where have you been?" Nat asked softly.

"Library" I answered shortly and started to walk but when I heard George called my name, I stopped but didn't bother looking at him.

"Stay" he said. I heard all of them agreed but then an irritating sound of a bell boomed all over the room.

"Oh you're here already Sapphire" she said sweetly. I still kept my eyes away from them but I don't know why but my feet were glued on the floor.

"Do you guys know that your friend is dating Cedric Diggory? I actually saw them in the Library. They're so sweet my heart melted" Katie told them keeping her voice sounding sweet as fuck.

This time I looked at her and saw her smirking devilishly. All of them looked so shocked with what she had said but George looks so mad he's clenching his jaw and his fist balled up.

"Is it true?" Ginny asked looking at me and Katie alternately.

"Yes it is Ginny my dear" Katie said batting her lashes. Ginny scoffed and made a face when Katie is not already looking at her.

"I want to hear it from you Sapphire. I told you this morning that we will talk but where were you? Is it true?" George then suddenly butted in. His voice were so deep and low.
"You're dating Diggory?"

I was lost for words. I can't find my voice to explain myself. I wanted to say no but I was so hurt I wanted to hurt him too. I don't want to make revenge but I don't know what to do. He made me feel like a fool. He made me believe that what we have is real but it was just a mistake.

"If I say no would you believe me? And what if I say yes? What will you do? Throw a party?" I told him looking straight into his eyes. Keeping my face and my voice cold as an ice.

George did not answer but I saw his eyes get hurt.

You deserve it.

"I hope you're happy now" I said looking at Katie.

"You're wish is granted. But I hope you'll not hit me with a quaffle" I told her smirking. She gasped and looked at all of them.

I walked away with a smile on my face when I heard Fred said 'What the fuck did she just said Katie?' angrily.

I guess you heard that right Freddie.

Your twins future girlfriend is a two faced bitch.

"Good luck fuckers"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

𝙷𝚒! 𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎. 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚞𝚜𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚜. 𝙱𝚝𝚠 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚕𝚕 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙 𝚑𝚊𝚑𝚊. 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 '𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛'.

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝙻𝚘𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚟e ❣️