1.1: L&W Lawyer - Nathaniel Walsh

"I can't believe it's already been seven years, since you first met Dom, how is he anyway?"

"He's fine. Still sleeping actually."

"That's a first," Erika joked as she and I caught up over the phone.

I didn't want to step out of our apartment and show my face since I got back from the awkward break with Dominic at Nathaniel's vacation mansion in the rural area. We didn't actually spend quality time together for the week we were there, though we still slept in the same bed, we barely said more than two or three words to each other and spent most of our time in the other areas of the home to avoid the confrontation. And we only agreed to stay the rest of the week so others wouldn't suspect something was up between us - even though it's already obvious enough.

"Anyway, your Dad is whooping my ass here," Erika said with a puff of air blown into speaker. Since graduating and landing the dream job in Lawler & Walsh, she told me that she didn't care if she didn't make partner, as long as she became a senior there, it'll be good enough for her.

"I'd assume so since Dom's not back until next month," I answered halfheartedly as I drew circles around the faces of the tabloid magazine on my lap.

"He deserves the break anyway. Who wins a month long case and earns millions from it while sleeping?"

I couldn't stop the laugh escape from me. Whenever Erika spoke so admirably about any lawyer in the firm, she always sounded like a fangirl, she'd get all giddy and excited over it. She's toned down now, but when she started, oh, it was worse.

"Plus, you two can finally plan that wedding since you're off until next month too!"

And that's where my laughter stopped. I nearly choked on the saliva that clogged along with the words in my throat. The finger that twirled on the magazine fully stopped and curled into a ball.

"Annie, I'll talk to you later, your Dad just got back from court and doesn't look too happy. Love you, boo!" She hastily spoke before she hung up.

"Ah-" I sighed and tossed my head back against the leather, my eyes closed as I felt my hair slowly drop down and hang loosely. My head was full of worries, and it sounded like people were eager for the wedding they waited a year and a half for. I couldn't break it to anyone that they may have to wait a little longer than they already have.

"Hey." A deep voice huskily greeted, stopping my train of thoughts.

The footsteps became louder as they stomped along the floorboards to the spot opposite me. I slowly opened my eyes and tilted my head back up, meeting the cold hazel eyes of my fiancé. I watched as he wrestled his fingers through his disheveled brown hair, then trailed down his face to wipe off anything that stuck on him throughout his sleep. Once he was done, he leaned forward, his elbows balanced at his knees as he clasped his hands together and leaned his chin above them while fiercely looking my way.

"What time is it?" He croaked.

"Just a little over ten o'clock, why?"

"I guess we have some time."

"For what?"

My head tilted slightly to the side as Dominic stood up, showing off the muscles and lines that curved all over his torso. He grabbed at the knot that held together his grey sweatpants as he made his way towards me.

"Dom, w-what are you-?"

He pressed his lips against mine in one swift move. One of his hands caressed its way up my arm, neck and to the back of my head, tugging me closer to heat up the kiss. I could feel his other hand push the magazine and phone off my lap before he went on to fiddle about with the buttons of my blouse, and pushed me gently down onto my back once he succeeded.