5.0: The Plan Starts Now

The build up to November certainly was a game changer.

It started from the night I slept with Dominic, when we woke up the next morning after that, we both agreed to slowly rebuild the foundation of our relationship, since he'd expressed his strong desire to continue as a couple, but we weren't living together just yet and we clearly weren't back to the engaged status either. What can I say, we both weren't ready enough to try the whole engaged couple scenario all over again while I needed to deal with things weighing at my shoulders.

Although I still hadn't told him about the plans to take down his Uncle, especially since Erika, Hamish and my Father all voted against a Walsh being in the mix of taking down another Walsh, but Dominic wasn't stupid, he knew the late night meet ups after work were a time for plotting and who we were up against - considering I was nearly raped by the one man he thought he'd look up to.

Their relationship hasn't been fixed because of that.

In the following weeks, Dominic talked to his Uncle like a robot, he didn't make personal comments or interacted the same way as he used to, instead, he spent more time in my office or working on cases with my Father while he ever-so-slowly broke out of his new Dominic persona towards his old and interacted more with the other coworkers in the office. Nathaniel - obviously - didn't like that, he began to feel tormented and lashed out on the poor interns that leave in tears during their interviews. Pregnant Julia also received the bitter end as the man often slept in the office, the poor woman calls more than three to five times a day via the other staff and receptionists, one time through me. My Father said it was working to our advantage, Hamish agreed, especially after Nathaniel's last outburst in the court room caused him to take a three day break as a lawyer - which was enough time to take back the secret camera locked in his office and we've yet to review it.

A day before traveling to the resort for the wedding extravaganza, I woke up with Dominic in the same bed in the apartment dressed in a pair of his boxers and one of his shirts. November was cold, his warm cuddles were what kept me snoozing like a baby all night, though I did miss his light snores beside me. We woke up around seven, I've already set up for the two of us to be late for our usual hour of arrival to work because today, I planned to tell him the truth, from point A to B. I convinced myself since we got back together up until that morning that I'd tell him everything, I wouldn't be so hurt of the outcome - no matter what happens. My mind started off calmly, especially since his kisses at the back of my neck and shoulders were my alarm clock and his croaky, deep 'good morning' made my morning.

"Hello, stranger," I weakly replied.

"I miss this," He whispered and nipped the lobe of my ear. "When do you think you'll move back in with me?"

"What happened to taking things slow?"

"The clock doesn't just reset, does it?"

"Dom, I-"

"-Shh, Annie. Whatever you're going to say, I want you to wait a bit before you start."

"Okay then." I smirked and shifted around, planting a light kiss on the lips to add to the morning greeting. He still tasted like the mint toothpaste he favoured for the many years I've known and lived with him.

As promised, I kept my mouth shut about what I wanted to explain to him. Dominic knew me well, as I said, he really wasn't stupid and he certainly wasn't dense or oblivious to his surroundings, so I figured that he already picked up on the little things already. We spent a few minutes in bed, then eating leftovers for breakfast, followed by the idea of saving water by showering together and getting ready for work, I didn't bring much as he surprised me by buying me a toothbrush, comb, my favourite brand of shampoo and conditioner, and my favourite deodorant, which were all for the sake of luring me into staying over more than one or two nights a week - and eventually - moving fully back into our apartment.