4.6: The Man She Loved

The way his hands touched me, fingers fondled at the hem of my underwear and teased me at his own satisfaction, but then, I smiled. My arms were wrapped rather tightly around his neck while his lips pressed along the curve of my neck, leaving trails of sweet kisses that made me moan and giggle at the same time. He mumbled loving words against my skin, being so warm and safe than ever as we lay beneath the sheets in the comfort of our bed. It felt so natural, so comfortable and so relaxing, so opposite to the horrid reality of my current situation.

But then-

I realized-

Who was this?

I placed my hands at either side of his face and called his name, though, there were no sound, so I didn't know who lay atop of me. My heart raced as his head slowly raised from the side of mine, and in that one, slow second, panic filled my body from head to toe. My eyes narrowed and lips parted to scream, but still no sound came out, no voice, nothing. My body became paralyzed and a lot heavy in his strong grasp. I could feel tears drip down the sides of my face as soon I made eye contact with a pair of cold, hazel eyes that reflected the vile personality of one Nathaniel Walsh. I forced myself to let out one last scream-

"No- No- Ugh! Get off of me!"

My arms flailed about, pushing and shoving whoever held onto my arms, though my eyes were remained closed, I was purely convinced that whoever held a tight grip on me was a bad person - more like, I thought it was Nathaniel, since the very last memory that came into mind was the pair of hazel eyes that stared right into mine, sucking every bit of my soul into them. Everything closed in, even in darkness, and I began to gasp for breath and pant heavily from my constant struggle.

"Annie! It's okay, Annie!"

My eyes instantly shot open as the images of Nathaniel faded, and the first person I saw was a very worried and tearful Erika. Slowly, piece by piece, breath by breath, I realized I woke up in a bed, the blanket barely covered me as I wore my pyjamas, they were the same as the ones I've worn since staying in Erika's apartment, and I recognized the decorations in the spare bedroom too. I was placed in the very same bed, the digital clock on the night stand blinked as a constant reminder that it just turned to eight o'clock in the evening. My first reaction afterwards was to touch every part of me, all over my body, from the locks on my head to the cracked blue nail polish badly placed on my toe nails. I was seeing if there was anything different from what happened to now.

I felt utter relief at the fact I was left unharmed.

Well, except for small bruises at my left wrist. And I knew exactly who, what, when, where, why and how I got them. It was no mystery.

Hamish ran in not too long after, his fingers clenched onto the door frame to help him fully stop as he exhaled heavily in relief at the sight of me. I watched him walk closer to the end of the bed, hand on his chest as he said, "Annie, you're awake! Thank God. I'd hate to see anything happen to you."

"You asshole!"

Both Erika and him dropped their jaws at my aggressive reaction, the frown on my face and lower curve of my lips couldn't be anymore clearer. I gripped onto the nearest pillow and threw it at him, despite the lack of strength left inside me. I even puffed my cheeks and held my breath to throw it, and of course, horribly missed as it landed flat at just my toes. And judging from the way they cocked their eyebrows and exchanged glances, they were both utterly clueless from my words.

"So that was the good opportunity you were talking about, huh? How fucking dare you!" I growled at Hamish.

"What are you talking about?"