6.1: All Over

A couple of days later, the media went on a frenzy and the firm slightly struggled when long-term and new clients questioned the reputation my Father and Nathaniel built all these years, and it took almost two weeks to reassure each and every client in every office that the firm had changed to Dominic and I and that we would rebuild the firm our way - as the second generation. We had to take business trips to the other offices to meet with them as proof too, occasionally having to go separately as the meeting hours were at the same time. And there were days I was left alone in Los Angeles, and other days it was him.

It was hard to not feel lonely when we still needed each other for comfort as we got over the hurdle that was Nathaniel Walsh, but I supposed being busy helped too.

It took a day or two afterwards to fully ease down, and once everything settled, Dominic surprised me one morning, rushing into our bedroom between my preparations for another day at work with a bright idea. He had a wide grin as he announced that he would tell the employees that he and I would be gone for a few days for a much deserving break.

I told him he was crazy.

I mean, it was! We'd only just settled properly back into our office, and there he was telling me that we were leaving them again. I could only imagine the amount of paper work.

He didn't listen to me though. And his lavished new self was probably hard to get rid of as Dominic's choice of a getaway was at a resort in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico. I think it was called, "One & Only Palmilla". When I questioned him about the decision and everything else, he reasoned with me that he chose that particular resort due to all the recommendations from his Father and Mother, who supposedly escaped the dramas with their business and his Uncle to that resort. I don't know if it's our different lifestyle growing up, but I don't think my Parents would runaway from their dramas there... Well, maybe my Father.

We checked into a suite with a pool, very private and something I much preferred as I had a nearly four month old baby bump that slightly grew bigger over the past two weeks, so I wasn't particularly fond of lounging in public at the beach and getting a tan, and despite how early to the party the baby came, Dominic forced and did all he could to make sure I was pampered. He truly loved me, and it showed through his actions as he gave me what I wanted and treated me to a nice spa day on my own, although I couldn't help but think what he was up to when he sent me away for an hour and a bit.

I stretched and felt so relaxed as I wandered back into the suite with just a robe loosely wrapped around me and my hair tied up in a high bun. There were no signs of Dominic in the room once I got back, there weren't any scattered clothing to show that he went for a dip in the pool or any footprints to trail to wherever he went in the suite, and it definitely made me a lot more curious as to what he was up to. He wasn't acting suspicious, which made the whole thing seem suspicious itself, considering that he acted way into character to even be normal... If that made any sense. But whatever, I was far too relaxed to even bother nor care, I just needed to take a seat though, gather myself and find some way to let out any unwanted thoughts to make me doubt or upset at all, and I supposed Dominic made the right call about going away and take a break - recollect ourselves before we start the year all over again.

It was like a second chance.

I stared down at my engagement ring, the pretty ring that stuck by me for nearly two years, and I couldn't believe it's been nearly that when he straddled me on our bed and told me to marry him. I was more than happy to have another chance of being with that very same Dominic Walsh. I was going to be his wife, well, who knows when we'd ever tie that knot as we've both had no chance to talk about getting married, and a lot busier now thanks to the fact we've been given such a responsibility with the firm. And of course, not to forget the upcoming challenges of parenthood.