2.9: L&W Rules - Victory is Rewarded

I woke up back at home, Dominic must've taken me back right after I fainted, or am I dreaming again? I don't know anymore, my life is currently going down the slope of the rollercoaster and at this rate, I'm doubtful it'll go back up. I'm pretty much doubtful of everything at the moment, even the people I've known and grown to love may be just playing a game with me.

I'd hate to think that Erika and Hamish might actually be part of Nathaniel's goons too.

"Finally, you're awake, boo!'

I turned my head to the side and found my best friend sitting at the single chair and looked frantic and worried for me, and her hug was warm and her words were calm, but who knows, maybe she was told to be that way since day one? I mean, Erika was always my Father's favourite since the she started, so maybe my Father was convinced by Nathaniel to convince Erika to stick by me through thick and thin. Maybe that's how she landed the job in Lawler & Walsh so easily. I really don't know anymore.

"Uh, yeah, what happened? What time is it?" I asked and slipped out of her embrace as I sat up properly. I was still in the same dress as this morning, so at least it was still the same day.

"About- Hmm-" She took a peek at her watch. "6 o'clock? You were out of it for a couple of hours-"

"-And you were here the whole time?"

"Dominic called me," She replied calmly as she brushed her blond strands to behind her ears, she pulled out her phone and flicked her fingers across the screen. She turned and revealed the call log from today, a majority of it were numbers - possibly clients - and two were from my fiancé that were separate by three minutes, assuming she deliberately missed the first one.

"Oh- So he asked you to come here?"

Sounded skeptical.

She lowered her phone and nodded. "Yeah, it was weird, he told me to meet him here and take care of you while he had to deal something so important," She explained with a mix of serious explanation and sarcasm tones, adding her fingers air quoting near the end.

"What is the important thing he needed to do?"

"Apparently, after you fainted, your fiancé carried you back to the car and your phone rang." Erika struggled to think back to what Dominic told her, they must've talked when she got here. I was gone for a couple of hours, so they really must've had a talk.

"And?" I needed to know.

"Oh, yeah, and Judge Cole called about your case." She recalled, her eyes sparkled to her surprise. "Have you met Mr Gonzalez's client that screwed everything up?"

I shook my head.

"Dominic got told they met and, well, you just won your case with the draft proposal settlement. I suppose, thanks to Judge Cole. They needed someone from the firm to sign and finalize the deal while the verbal agreement was still fresh, and since your fiancé was the only one available while you were out, he went on your behalf."

I nearly choked on her words, my hand at my chest as she calpped her hands together in excitement for my supposed victory. I needed proof actually. It wasn't long ago that I just saw Judge Cole canoodling with some blond woman that wasn't his wife, now I heard that he's finished off my job without me knowing. Did he cheat and do something so low to win it for me?

I know I'm being hypocritical considering I lap danced on my client to make him open up.

Wait, did Dominic secretly show me how things really worked? Did he do that too?

Ugh.

My head began to hurt again, I fell flat back on the bed, pulling the blanket over my head and I grumbled for Erika to leave me alone. She debated for a bit before she eventually agreed with me and left, she sounded upset with me though, since I sort of just emotionally shut down and pushed her away - which she hated... A lot.