1.7: Welcome to Our World

"Night boo!" Erika screamed from the window of the cab as she raised and waved around the near-empty wine bottle with her. We already demolished about three or four bottles, and it was evident with how we looked in front of everyone else that we had a bloody good night. I mean, if you saw Erika - her mascara ran down her face, her lipstick smeared and she reeked of tobacco after smothering her face with a stranger at the club. I'm not guilty of doing the nasty deeds she did, but I definitely smelled just as bad.

I wavered in my own steps as I tugged at the end of the body fitting lace dress that Erika persuaded me to buy before we left to party. Throughout the night, the dress constantly and insistently slipped their way up to reveal much of my thighs, and the droop around my breast exposed too much cleavage for my liking, however the men in the club hadn't complained as they drooled all over them. I'd say my breast were an average size, but compared to Erika's flat chest, they looked way bigger than they really were. She certainly took the prize for the nicer hips, ass and long legs though, I envy her for them.

"Annie! If your fool of a fiancé doesn't fucking want you, I'd be happy to pass that new hottie in the office your way!" Her voice echoed throughout the empty streets, she slowly disappeared from my view as she slithered all the way back down so she slumped on the back seats, and her other hand struggled to gesture a goodbye to me as I watched the cab leave.

"Bye boo!" I yelled back while my body wobbled towards the entrance of the apartment building, my vision slowly blurred as I buzzed through the doors and entered the lobby. At 4 in the morning, I assumed people were asleep, but I saw around ten people sitting and being as drunk as I was on an early Sunday morning.

"Where have you been?"

"Huh?"

I no longer had control of myself. My arm tossed around someone's neck and my body lifted into a bridal carry, and my head flopped against the person's chest. My head felt so light that I blacked out. And if you asked me what happened next, I couldn't answer you because I couldn't remember anything. Not even a single word, memory or image. Though, I guess the most I could recall was landing on my comfy queen sized bed, my skin kissed the cool atmosphere as I was stripped off my clothed, but the bed sheets quickly replaced them.

I woke up from the sound of a buzzing alarm, my head shot up as I had a hard time even opening one eye, but the headache that I expected to follow the amount of bottles I gulped down, well, it wasn't there at all. I scraped my nails along the skin at the back of my neck, a few strands of hair followed at each stroke as my eyelids fully opened. I lay flat on my stomach, balancing with my elbows as the ringing kept going in one ear, bounced about in my head and out the other.

"Get up."

"It's still Sunday." I mumbled in response to the back of the head that spoke to me.

"No, it's Monday morning," The man replied with a scoff as he shifted and sat up, the blanket dropped down from his chest to his knees to expose his body, and a pair of grey boxer briefs came to view and I grunted, my face scrunched to an annoyed expression. The fact he actually came home, showed his face, touched me and decided he wanted to sleep beside me completely bugged me.

I sat up as well, where I noticed that I wore only my bra and pantie that I remember wearing on Saturday night before slipping on the skimpy dress. I rubbed my eyes and asked, "How is that possible? I came home-"

"-4 in the morning on Sunday, I know, I waited for you to get home."

"Well then explain this?" I beckoned at my body.

"Did you want to sleep in that prostitute-like clothing?"

Okay, so he won that.

My eyes rolled in response. "Then how the hell is it Monday? Did I really sleep through Sunday?"