5.8: Day Eight - Old Dominic

Possibly a week since Nathaniel's arrest and we still haven't heard a single update about him or the investigation, but we have been told he's been locked behind bars. My Father instructed us not to think of it and just get on with our jobs, though fortunately, my Father timed his announcement to be near the Christmas - New Year break, where he made his final decision for the firm to be close for a week and a half for people to enjoy a "much needed break".

You should have seen all the happy faces.

I tried my best not to think of the incidents with Nathaniel, but there were just some of those nights where I wake up drenched in sweat or wallowing in my own tears, to which Dominic would instinctively comfort in his arms until I went back to sleep. It's a hard case when I know at the back of my mind that Nathaniel's not fully away from me. And when I told Dominic, it was then that he decided to get away from Los Angeles for the whole week and a half break.

He said, "It'll be fine. We need it, well you do. You need to get away from work, get away from stress and get away from your nightmares."

He was right. It made a lot more sense to get away for a while. He planned everything, he said I didn't need to stress out and it was his turn to prove his love for me - something like that, he told me all this at 4 in the morning, when he had the brilliant idea after a night out with friends. I'm happy though, because he was slowly coming out and coming back as the old Dominic. And I absolutely loved it.

Unfortunately, our plans were cancelled.

Dominic and I spent those days off in New York, and as the new names listed as the firm's top dogs, we were called in to work and finalize whatever's left to do to sort out the New York office. It wasn't the ideal place my fiancé expected to take me, although he didn't mention to me at all of what he originally planned for us to do. I felt bad, and we were both slightly annoyed that we weren't truly out of the troubles that brewed up in our minds, despite being away from Los Angeles, some things did happen in New York too. Those things influenced the outcome and caused turmoil between us - though brief, it was enough to cause heartaches.

And on a cold Christmas afternoon, we were at the newly furnished office of whoever we would name as the partner to front that branch, we had paperwork laid out all over the desk with the candidates, the floor plan of the office on the coffee table and our clothes scattered all over the place.

What do you expect?

We spent Christmas Eve in that office, working our asses off without realizing the time. I'm sure he felt as bad as me that we didn't get a chance to spend this festive season with our Families, and we never got a chance to kiss under the mistletoe or open gifts under the Christmas tree or spend one night intoxicated with our closest friends. I guess what we appreciated was the time we spent alone, and it was possibly one of the first of many future seasonal holidays that we'd enjoy as one happy couple - or as he whispered to me last night - one normal couple.

Although, it's probably not normal to be cuddling up to each other - naked - on the leather couch in that office.

"Back to the same old routine," I moaned as I pushed myself out his grasp and reaching for my underwear that dangled at the armrest. "But we really shouldn't be having sex on other people's furniture. We made the entire office smell of sex."

"It doesn't bother me," Dominic chuckled as he sat up and let his large jacket we used for warmth droop down to cover his lower half, he leaned his arms against his bent knees as I felt his gaze strongly focused on me.

"I'm sure that our newly promoted partner wouldn't appreciate the boss's naked ass on their leather couch," I added as I slipped on my bra and hooked from the front. Light giggles escaped me from the thought of blessing the new office with our bodies grinding against each other, and yes, my immaturity level certainly didn't match my age.