2.1: Rules, Regulations and Responsibilities in Lawler & Walsh

I swear that this could not have lasted any longer than it already has.

Approximately, around 5 o'clock in the evening, I finally was free from the meeting. Our client, the company CEO, Julia, Nathaniel, Hamish and I sat around the rectangular table of the meeting room and discussed the conditions of what the opposing party wanted from him. And to be honest - through the experience as a public defender - I can tell you first hand that our client would definitely screw us over by how guilty he truly was for being an open book to someone that didn't work in their company at all. The continuous ranting their company CEO went on throughout half an hour of the meeting, which made a lot more sense as to why our client deserved to be fired, kicked out and sued for breaking protocols and contract clauses. With a checklist at hand - that Julia kindly made prior to the meet up - agreed to how guilty our client really was.

Actually, everything Julia did throughout the entire time we were locked in the meeting room made Hamish a bit grumpier, especially after the sudden encounter with Dominic in the elevator. Though we all didn't talk to each other throughout the ride up, Dominic managed to have the last word by insulting the incompetence of Hamish's work ethic - and that's not just insulting him, but that smashed his pride and ego into millions of pieces, maybe even more.

So yeah, only 5 o'clock and a lot has happened.

"Okay, thank you Mr. Gonzalez," I nodded with our client, who looked far more apologetic than worried about his pending position at his job.

"No, thank you, Ms Lawler, your help truly is a blessing in disguise."

Off guard, I slightly felt warm inside, a glow of pink at my cheeks as the man gave me a final handshake and trailed after his own boss, while I stood there with a possible goofy expression spread across my face. Nathaniel approached me, a smirk at his lips as he disrupted me at my time of feeling a bit happy and relieved considering all the current mishaps of today.

"You better not get used to those remarks, little Lawler," He commented. "They tend to suck up to their lawyers so the lawyer works harder to get them free, but you and I know very well how badly he messed up the company."

"Is that so?" I mumbled. My eyes shifted towards him, not staring directly in his eyes, more towards the bridge of his nose, still a bit frightened that he could lure then trap me into a situation I really didn't need.

Nathaniel tucked his hands into the pockets of his pants, his body slumped forward and released an exhale that smelled like a mixture of whiskey and tobacco. I avoided to wrinkle my nose, I tried my hardest not to show any signs of disgust in my face as I turned back away from him and hugged myself just in case. The scent of whiskey seemed far too early in the day to come out of his mouth, and it didn't help when Nathaniel's presence felt closer than before, my back tingled and I began to cower, and in one long second, his body was pressed against me. I could feel his breath tingle against the skin at the back of my neck. He must be slightly intoxicated, with the alcohol in his system, he wasn't thinking straight at all as this was far too inappropriate.

"W-What a-a-are you do-doing?" My stuttering was unavoidable.

"Dominic is an ungrateful bastard for taking you from me," He whispered followed by an unsatisfied grunt, pushing himself away from me and wandered back into the meeting room.

There it was again. The feeling of being overall dirty and disgusting, and all I wanted to do was jump into a shower and scrub it all away. I hated the way he talked to me, the way he tried to seduce me or stared at me with so much need. I actually admired Nathaniel professionally, but certainly not the way he's become as the older he got, the more unbearable he became - and this was still only my first day.