1.6: L&W Lawyer - Marianne Lawler

As soon as I got home that afternoon, I slowly stripped the pieces clothing off my body, letting them drop one by one along the way to the bedroom. Assuming that I was home alone again, since there were no signs at all that Dominicshowed his face in our apartment, so I felt fine and confident with walking around in just my laced black undergarments. I tossed my hair down, letting it flow down my shoulders and be free from the steady position it sat throughout the morning. It reminded me of all those times I lived on my own when I first moved to Los Angeles with Erika, and we used to walk around in our undergarments after a long day in the office and courtroom visits.

Perfectly fine.

Until the door croaked open in the bathroom and I froze. All I heard in my head were swear words as I stood erect with the nearest piece of clothing I could grab onto and cover myself from the intruder, and I held my breath in to prepare for the worst. The door widened, the bathroom filled with steam, and I could barely make out who was in there. I wasn't thinking straight, after a busy morning, I couldn't put one plus one together. I even balled my fingers into a fist, ready to release an outburst if needed. When the steam cleared, my body softened as relief blew out of me in one exhale.

"What?" The deep voice spoke out.

"You freaked me out!" I groaned as I threw the shirt that covered me directly at Dominic.

He was drenched, water still drizzled down his body while he held onto the towel wrapped around his waist. Taking one step at a time towards me, I could feel the heat from his body that came from the hot shower. He leaned down and gave me a peck on the lips before he took a step back to eye me up and down, a curve at his lips as he wandered passed me and into the closet.

"Thanks for wrinkling my shirt."

"Dom, where have you been?" Was the first thing that I had to ask as I trailed behind him, I watched his muscles flexed at each stretch up and down to rummage through his clothes, and even when I'm angry at him, he still managed to draw me back to him with his attractiveness and charisma. Dominic was naturally appealing.

He looked over his shoulder, his pretty hazel eyes took my breath away and sighed. "I needed time to think, so I stayed in a hotel for the night, since Uncle Nate and your Dad just pushed that onto the table without warning. I mean, I expected it, but not to that extent," He explained. "I came home around 9 and you weren't here, so I'm guessing that you went to the office today?"

I nodded.

"Well, it's not going to be as easy as your old job," He warned as he came close to me, closing the gap between us. He used one finger to tap under my chin so I keep eye contact with him. The heat from his hot shower sizzled out of his pores and kissed my skin, making the hairs at the back of my neck stand from the feeling.

"We'll see about that." I smirked.

He challenged me, and I've never backed down from a challenge, especially from him.

The sizzle between our stare down made me fell hot inside, it gave me a tingle in my belly and a big urge to give him a kiss or yearn for a kiss from him. But just as we were closing the space between our faces, in the last inch, my stomach decided to grumble loudly and harshly at me. Dominic's face moved away, a groan escaped me as he only chuckled and wrapped his arm around me, pulling me to an embrace. My face slammed into his chest, which was okay because I was embarrassed with myself since I ruined the moment that I wanted.

"Have you eaten anything?" He asked with a croak.

"I only had a cup of coffee and an apple before I left," I muffled against his bare skin.

"I feel like pasta."

My heart fluttered and raced at the thought of pasta. I slipped my arms around his torso, dragging along the little drops of water that stayed on his skin as I perked my head up to face him in the excitement that surged through me. "Can we?" I said with my lips barely apart as I struggled to hide away the grin that came out.