4.8: The Crazy Couple

I don't know what got into me.

I couldn't sleep last night. I stayed up for a couple of hours, getting nervous over a date with a guy I've been with for seven years and broke up with a week ago, and honestly, it drove me crazy. It wasn't even our first date, but how could he make me feel like it is?

Why couldn't I stop thinking about Dominic all of a sudden?

I lasted a week not missing him, or thinking about him and his kissable lips, alluring and pretty hazel eyes that made my knees weak, and his gentle caress at every inch of my body- Ugh! Look! I'm doing it again. It shouldn't really make me nervous, I had to breath, stay calm, stay sane and conscious. I already made a promise with Erika that if I ended up having sex with Dominic, I'd owe her some sort of favour, and owing her a favour wasn't something that I wanted weighing on my shoulder, I've already got enough on my plate already.

At around eight o'clock in the morning, my phone buzzed and on the other end of the line was one deep, sexy voice that surprised me. I only just woken up, so answering the phone in a daze and not being able to recognize the voice surely did a number for me. I croaked and groaned and tried to find the right words to respond to such a seductive 'hello', but failed, and only managed to mumble nonsense under my breath from the frustration.

"Do I have the right number? This is Annie, right?"

"Yes-" I tiredly responded. "Why so early? It's Saturday."

"Didn't I tell you to clear your schedule?"

"Yes, you did- Why? Don't tell me you're outside?"

"Then I won't."

My head jolted up and my eyes narrowed as I checked and clarified who the person was on the other line, his face and smile lit up my screen that I nearly dropped my phone and quickly apologized. "Oh God, I'm sorry! Humm- Mmph- Just- Five minutes, Dom-" I struggled to speak while trying to get ready with only one hand.

"I'll give you fifteen before I get towed." He replied with a chuckle. There was no denying that this was definitely the old Dominic I was talking to. "Please hurry."

Cold shower. Check.

Blow dried hair and simple make up. Check.

White summer-like dress with a nude snake patterned belt to hold it together. Check.

Nude flats. Check.

Bag, Wallet and Phone. Check.

Okay, so, in ten minutes, I managed to get ready. Phew.

Erika was still snoring, since we stayed up last night watching disney movies, and I would've liked to sleep in some more for a Saturday morning, but because someone waited for me downstairs, I snuck out of her apartment without saying goodbye and dashed downstairs. And right at the lobby of her apartment building, I stopped to catch my breath and put my hair back in order through the reflection on one of the elevator doors.

"You don't have to do that for me."

Through the reflection, I was surprised at the sight of Dominic. His hands tucked away at the pocket of his jeans and the sleeves of his light tan cardigan were rolled up to his elbows, he kept his brown hair combed, wide smile that made his right dimple more prominent. He looked good. So good, I wanted to jump him.

"Hey!" I greeted with a smile too, slowly turning around to face him. "I thought you were outside."

"Yeah, but you were taking too long." He replied and approached me, closing the gap between us, his arms slithered naturally around my body and mine wrapped around his neck. It was a natural instinct for the both of us.