4.3: The Resident Bad Boy

"Good morning, Hame."

"Hey, you." Hamish responded with a cigarette bud pressed between his lips, and his eyes were ready to pop out in surprise as he tossed the death stick to the concrete and pressed the living daylights out of it. He waved his finger for me to wait a moment as he fiddled about with the front pocket of his blazer.

"Is it important?"

"You would not believe who is up in your office and who you're going to be representing-" He said as he searched about in every pocket of each clothing he had on.

"Who?"

His hand tapped here and there, stopping right on the left back pocket, where he pulled out a badly folded, yellow square piece of paper, black scribbles visible from the other side. His fingers were shaky as he unfolded the tiny paper to a bigger square. I took a step closer to him and peeked at the horrible handwriting.

"Um, ok?" I laughed.

"Shut up." He hissed as he pointed one word at a time as he read, "Mr Alexander and Mrs Elizabeth Walsh have legal issues with a previous chairman of their business and have insisted to be represented by one, Miss Marianne Lawler of Lawler & Walsh."

"What? Dominic's Parents want me to represent them?"

Hamish nodded more than once, a bit of excitement on his face as he opened my left hand and slapped the note in my palm. "And I'm excited to see how this plays out."

"Why? Are you going to help me with this?"

He nodded again. "Of course. Considering that Nathaniel's assistant called me specifically for this, so I can't say no if it involved your ex's folks," He teased, elbowing me gently on my arm to make me laugh, which didn't work.

"Does Dominic know?"

"Not yet-" Hamish paused and beckoned to the black car that just pulled up nearby. Mick came to view, he waved at me from the other side of the car before he went back to his professional self and opened the door, where on cue, Dominic stepped out. "-But you're about to tell him."

"You dick," I accidentally blurted out, and watched as he dashed ahead of me and inside the building.

I don't get why they suddenly want me to talk to my ex, when they knew full well that I wanted to avoid him at all cost. Dominic was one of the key factors that I listed down as a potential obstacle for me, and Erika and Hamish both agreed on it, yet there I was, ditched by Hamish and forced to confront my ex.

And it was hard enough already.

Dominic, as charming and handsome as he always was, straightened the grey tailored suit that fitted him ever so perfectly, his brown hair combed over to the left, and compared to when I last saw him - which wasn't even that long ago - he clearly shaved.

I won't lie that I still loved him, those feelings won't go away over night, but I needed to be professional.

I took a deep breath, holding it so I wouldn't take a whiff of his favourite cologne. Our eyes connected, that spark filled my whole body just like that and made my knees weak. My fingers clenched tightly on the piece of paper in my grasp as I greeted Dominic with a less hearty good morning.

"Good morning-" He held his breath, his eyes shifted down briefly as though he scanned me. "I see that you're doing well," He added, speaking in the tone of new Dominic.

"I haven't made it to the office yet and I've already got a client waiting for me." I breathed, ugh, his cologne filled my nose so quickly that I was prepared to faint. "And it's your Parents."