5.9: Day Nine - Old Marianne

Seven Years Ago...

"Dom, thanks for dragging me out here," I weakly smiled as he took me out on an unexpected drive to Santa Monica together just to enjoy a time out at the sun.

For my sake.

I wasn't particularly in the mood after an argument with my Father. In front of everybody at his office.

"I think you needed it," Dominic grinned as he took a hold of my hand and swung it between us. We've been dating for six months, our relationship getting there and he's surprisingly very loving and cuddly, something I didn't expect from him. I tried to be a bit brighter with my mood and asked, "What's the occasion?"

"I have something to tell you and you're going to hate me for it, but we need to go to the spot first."

"What spot?"

"Where we first kissed."

"What? We kissed on the first date," I glared at him, sounding like he was testing me. "I'm not sure what you're up to."

"Just trust me. You're always questioning me about the little things I do," He kept teasing me, and from the glimmer in his pretty hazel eyes and amused grin, it was a lot obvious he had stuff planned, and of course I'd question him all about it. But still nothing. Instead, he kept dragging me through the crowd.

We reached the other end, where some fishermen were, and managed to take a seat at one of the benches and looked out across the clear blue water. I sighed, it was too pretty and my mood wasn't even as bright as the sun. Dominic picked up on it too, he wrapped an arm around my shoulders and made me lean against his shoulders, his lips pressed atop of my head as he whispered, "Marianne Lawler, I love you."

My eyes opened wide. "P-Pardon?" I asked and jolted up to face him, his hand still at my shoulder as he stared me right into my eyes and repeated, "I love you."

That was the first time he ever said that to me, my jaws dropped and I couldn't comprehend what he just said. It was like my mind paused to analyze everything. I began to smile, my face moved on their own as I said, "I love you too."

Love.

Very unexpected.

"Mr Walsh and Ms Lawler, I'd like to introduce you to your baby."

Those were the greatest words I've ever heard to end the eventful year.

We were in the clinic as soon as we touched down to Los Angeles, Dominic booked an appointment right before we got on the plane and we went straight there to find out if I really had a little munchkin inside. And there we were, both stunned and amazed at what we both made. Though the Doctor said the fetus was about 6cm, it had the shape of a baby already. I wanted to cry, but Dominic's cute expression certainly distracted me enough to hold on any drops that wanted to drop. We were told that I was roughly 12 weeks along, the urine test and whatever else ultimately proved that I was carrying a baby in my belly, despite having not so much of a bump to show it - I actually thought I was just gaining weight. The morning sickness wasn't as bad as what my other girlfriends with babies said, they were practically puking out everything they swallowed down.

"Dom, what are you-"

He placed a photo of the two of us taken on our one year anniversary in my hand as he snatched one of the two prints he asked to get printed of the ultrasound appointment, shoving it into the photo slot of his wallet. I giggled at how adorable he's been acting since I told him two days ago as I asked, "Are you replacing me already?"

"You're in my phone," He mumbled.

"Aw, already? Really?"

"Come here," He called and wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me close to him, my back pressed against his chest as he playfully nipped at the nape of my neck and said, "I can't wait to brag about this."