2.7: L&W Rules - Recreational Activities Happen on Your Own Time

Nathaniel and my Father have been particularly odd in the past week that went by, and today clarified a sudden rift between their once close bond as they stood far apart and at opposite ends of each other. Their body language showed their lack of interest and acknowledgement for each other, they've really changed. And I feel largely to blame for it, if I hadn't listened and be talked into doing what I did by Nathaniel, my Father wouldn't be mad and disappointed in me, and the fact it caused a rift between he and his long time partner in crime, it must've really hurt him for Nathaniel to influence me as such.

I still don't know if my Father even knew about his best friend's major involvement of the case.

Dominic wasn't supposed to know what I did either, but he got told by my Father as soon as I left that day. And although he appeared to be less mad as my Father, he did leave for a couple of days to Uncle's home to think about what happened, and he came back a bit okay, though he became distant - possibly disgusted by me and my actions overall. He, however, wouldn't talk about the particular topic when I brought it up to explain myself, he also scolded me about the fact that he made a fool of himself in front of the people he knew. He hated how I paraded myself to my clients and would keep him in the dark from everything else, which was an absolute lie. We had another fight the day he came back, and since then, we acted more like roommates, who shared a bed, than we did a couple, and that made me binge eat when no one was looking.

I guess everyone knew what I did.

We all gathered there to have an updated meeting among the senior and junior associates, and I've got to say, it started out way better than how I imagined it going in my head - minus the glares and stares that were sneakily aimed towards me, whispers too, never forget that - but there were no direct confrontation about me and the thing that occured. Thankfully, Hamish and Erika kept me sane throughout the passing days, we met up for lunch everyday now, and they've noticed my sudden change - physically and mentally.

"Are you sure you want to sit through this, boo?" Erika whispered from behind me, her hand gripped tight on my shoulder. "We could just leave, pretend your meet up with the client and Judge Cole got shuffled earlier."

I patted her hand and shook my head. "I'll be fine," I lied as my eyes shifted to the man at the other end of the table who ruined my life. His smug look made me cringe. I couldn't wait to take him down.

"If you say so-"

"-Is there anything I need to know, Ms Lawler and Miss Barnett?" My Father hissed, his brows furrowed and, if possible, there would be molten lava oozing out of his red face. He was still furious. "If you two are done talking amongst yourselves, we'd like to start!" He growled.

It felt like school all over again.

"Okay, sorry," I mumbled. Even at 30, he continued to treat me like a child, more and more each passing day since I worked here.

"Thank you." He glared at me one more time before he gave the invisible microphone to Nathaniel, who happily accepted it without a nod. The friction between them when their eyes connected could cause fire if it were possible, and the whole room felt it. I heard Erika and the others around us hold their breaths, awaiting for what will be said next.

Nathaniel buttoned up his sleeves and nodded to the crowd gathered to listen to him - like we have a choice - and he bathed in the attention. "Alright, well, it has come to my attention that there have been a few scandalous activities in the office in the past month or so, clearly a majority of you have known what happened, maybe not. But today, we called you in to announce that we are in a state of evaluation amongst the associates, depending on the results of the evaluation, then they shall be chosen to possibly take up an office space in the New York office."