chapter 40

The next days were horrible for both of them. Dom's mom had picked them up from the hospital after they managed to come in contact with her. Obviously she had brought Liv straight home, even after she told her about a hundred times she didn't want to.

The second she got home, the fights started. Although she kept reminding her dad she had a huge headache so screaming made things worse, he didn't listen. And he never stopped fighting.

At least one single good thing her dad had done, was breaking up with his girlfriend. Even though he said he'd never forgive Liv for running away, it made him realize that she was unsafe at home. Finally. So he kicked his girlfriend out.

The worst thing of them all was the fact that Liv couldn't have contact with Dom anymore for an unknown period of time. Not even because her dad had told her so, although he did fully agree, but also because the police and her new psychiatrist told her so.

She had came back to a mess, overall, too much to process. And on top of that she had to move schools immediately because they had no other choice than suspend her after being absent for this long. It was the last straw.

Her new school was weird. It was a private school for "children with a hard time studying". She hated the idea. It felt more like a prison considering she sat there all day and couldn't even go outside alone or go home by herself. Her dad always picked her up.

She knew this would happen if they ever came back from running away. That was why she never wanted to come back, but she had ruined it. And it hurt the most to know that Dom's life was probably messed up too now and she couldn't even tell him how sorry she was.

"Is everything okay with you? I see you haven't written anything down yet."

Liv removed her cheek from the desk she had been laying on and locked eyes with her history teacher. He had this soft look on his face, which Liv couldn't stand for some reason. The teachers were way too nice in this school. It made her feel like a kid.

"I'm fine," she mumbled as she grabbed her pencil just to start coloring the corners of the empty page.

"You want help with the project? Some people are doing it in groups of-"

"I'm not working in fucking groups."

"Alright," the teacher sighed. "But you need to hand this in by Frid-"

"I know," Liv groaned as she laid her head on the paper again.

"You should work on it now so you don't have to do it at home, Liv."

The only thing she liked about her history teacher, was the fact that he was the only one who didn't call her Olivia. The others always did that.

"I just can't fucking concentrate," she told him, which made him shove the free chair next to her back and sit down next to her.

"Why not? What's wrong?" he asked her again on this tone that was so sweet it made Liv want to fight him more and more.

"Because first of all everyone keeps staring at me and it's fucking annoying! I know I have this on my face! I know! Mind your own fucking business!" Liv snapped as she sat up again, looking around the classroom where about ten other students were sitting. It was ironic how this obviously drew attention to her even though that was the last thing she wanted. But she knew she had their attention anyway; she could see them stare.

"And second of all I hate this school," she continued quietly just so only her teacher could hear her. Her yelling had obviously caught him off guard for a moment but he soon sat up straight and nodded.