chapter 49

"Liv? Can I come in?"

Liv rolled her eyes at her dad's voice but still mumbled "yeah" and closed her laptop, even though she wasn't doing anything special. She just didn't like the idea of him looking at the screen while she had things open.

"Are you done with your homework?" her dad asked, which made her roll her eyes again because she hoped that if he came into her room he would at least have something useful or exciting to say.

"I am," she nodded, grabbing her phone that she actually got back just a day ago so she could finally text with Dom again. She opened it just to open Instagram and scroll.

"Are you sure?" her dad asked, making her look up and frown at him. "Yes, dad. I did. I thought you said you'd stay out of my business as long as my grades were good?"

"I would but we also agreed that Dom can't come over unless you're done with school."

"Dom isn't coming a-"

Her eyes widened when Liv looked behind her dad and saw Dom standing in the doorway, winking at her as soon as they made eye contact. She stood up from her chair and rushed over to him, pushing his shoulder before she wrapped her arms around his neck, letting him lift her off her feet for a second.

"You told me you couldn't come!"

"I did," he said, ruffling her hair when she let him go, messing it up. "But I lied."

Liv bit her lip as she smiled excitedly, and turned around to her dad to tell him to leave. Just looking at him was enough for him to get the memo.

It had only been one day since she last saw Dom, but ever since they got back together she loved spending every moment with him. Just because she knew how vulnerable their time together could be.

Liv wanted to grab Dom's hand and pull him inside her room to be able to close the door behind them, but she noticed how he was holding two big cups in his right hand.

"A milkshake and an iced coffee," he said when he saw she noticed them. "Both for you."

"Dom," Liv sighed because she had told him multiple times he didn't have to do that anymore because even though she did love it, she knew it was expensive to buy so often and she didn't want him to think this was the only way to make her stay. Because it was not.

"You don't have to finish them both right now. The coffee will still be good if you keep it in that mini fridge over there," he said, ignoring her whining and kissing her cheek instead before he walked into her room and opened the fridge to put the coffee in there.

He walked back to give her the milkshake he still had in his hands and stroked his fingers over her cheek, giving her a short smile. Liv opened her mouth to say thank you but make it clear that he didn't have to do it, but then she saw one red piece of hair coming from under the hood that he had on his head.

"Did you dye your hair?" she asked him as she stepped closer to pull the piece of hair fully out of his hood to make sure she saw it right. When Dom's smile grew and Liv was certain it was indeed red, she took the hood of his head to reveal his hair fully.

"Do you like it?" Dom asked her excitedly, watching her as she stared at his hair in disbelief.

"I do!" she said, "I love it. You look so cool."

Dom chuckled as his hands went to her hips, pulling her a little closer and getting her attention so she'd look in his eyes.

"I hoped you'd like it. I did it for you."

"For me? But it's your hair. Why would you do it for-" Liv stopped talking as she looked at the milkshake in her hand and realized Dom was doing the most to make her stay with him. Because for some reason he felt like had to do the most.