chapter 24

"Scale one to ten; how big is the chance your dad is gonna come into your room at night?"

Dom was sitting on the window frame with the window open, ready to leave Liv's room before her dad would suspect anything because Liv hadn't eaten lunch yet and she always did. She didn't want her dad to check on her and see Dom, so he could better leave.

He had been in her room for two hours, and Liv was honestly surprised how they had been so silent for so long and never ruined it once.

"I'd say two," she answered him, sitting down on her office chair and rolling over to him, laying her hands on his thighs. "He has only done it once in the past year and that was when I fell out of my bed."

"You fell-" Dom started, but Liv quickly punched his thigh lightly to make him shut up and shot him an angry look, although it was playful.

"It hurt, Dom," she whispered. He smiled fondly, looking up at her ceiling to avoid eye contact with her for some reason. Once he looked back, his smile grew and he ruffled her hair.

"I'm sorry."

"Why did you ask though?" she asked him.

"Because I... do you wanna sneak out?"

Liv made sure her eyes were locked with his for a few seconds to check if he was serious, but he definitely was. He had that exact look on his face as that time he showed her the secret room to the movie theater.

"Sneak out?" she asked him. "Now?"

"No." Dom bent down just enough to be able to get a loose hair between his thumb and his pointer finger and move it out of her face. He had a satisfied look once it was tucked behind her ear. "Tonight. I know something fun we can do."

Liv pursed her lips as she was thinking, and looked at him with an amused face as she said, "you're gonna get me in trouble again, huh?"

"Last time you got in trouble was your-"

"I mean the movie theater, Dom," Liv cut him off, laughing softly. His eyes widened a little when she reminded him of it, as if he had completely erased that day from his mind. She wouldn't be surprised if he tried to forget about it, though, because it wasn't a good day for either of them.

"Yeah, that was on me," he admitted, looking extremely guilty which honestly looked cute as he had his eyes a little widened and his bottom lip sticking out to pout. "But I promise you won't get in trouble this time."

"What do you have in mind?"

"I won't tell you yet. You'll know if you say yes."

"That's-"

Liv wanted to tell him how it was unfair of him to do that, but the idea of doing something outside her house with Dom, after sitting inside for a week, sounded so good. Maybe the fact that she didn't know what Dom had planned only made it better and harder to say no to.

"Sure," she eventually answered, which made Dom smile excitedly instantly.

"Okay," he said happily, holding onto the window frame ready to turn himself around and disappear out of the window to go back to his own house. "I'll meet you outside at eleven?"

"Sounds good," Liv nodded, smiling right back at him. Dom pursed his lips as he was looking at her, his eyes moving to her lips as he was debating whether he should kiss her before he left, but he eventually nodded and turned around.

His eye fell on something that was on the floor, though, just as he was turning around, and it made him stop moving.

"What's that?" he asked, pointing down at it. Liv looked into the direction he was pointing at and saw the yellow post-it with the drawing she had made. That was inspired by the drawing he had in his room.