chapter 5

She didn't want to admit it was Dom who made her realize that she should change some of her ways, but in the end she couldn't deny it either. It wasn't that he had actually helped her, rather the opposite, but Liv knew that if she wouldn't have ran into him in the hallway at the party, she wouldn't have gone to school the next Monday with her medicines. 

She hadn't taken the medicines for over a year; after she convinced herself it was only making her feel worse. And maybe they did make her feel a little numb, but it felt like they worked. Especially after Dani and Liv had talked about what happened and agreed that they both made mistakes. 

"So," Liv mumbled when she could finally let a smile appear on her face again after telling her friend how sorry she was for the past ten minutes. She let herself sink onto the hallway floor, her back against the lockers, and Dani did the same. 

"So?" 

"Did you and Adam..." 

Dani snorted and let her head rest against the lockers, staring up to the ceiling with a smile. 

"You did?!" Liv asked her in disbelief, which made Dani push her immediately to shut her up. As the classes were about to start, basically the entire school was in the hallway, so every person could hear what they were talking about if they listened closely. 

"I was very drunk but I woke up next to him and I was naked so I think-" Dani whispered, trailing off as she kept smiling to the ceiling. 

"I cannot believe you, Dani." 

"I don't think I would've left the party before it would happen," Dani joked, making Liv shake her head fondly. 

"I think it's good you went home, though. I don't think you wanted to join us in... whatever we did." 

Dani turned her head to look over to Liv, who rolled her eyes while shaking her head. "You're disgusting." 

"I know," Dani answered with a smile that left her face after two seconds when she remembered something. "You did miss something at the party, though!"

"I don't think I-" 

"Dom fought someone," Dani cut Liv off, making Liv gasp and look at her friend in disbelief. 

"He fought someone?" 

"On his first school week!" Dani laughed, making Liv chuckle and look away from her friend as she remembered what happened when she ran into Dom on her way home. 

"Why, though?" Liv asked, shaking away the feeling of guilt that was slowly trying to take over her emotions. Dom had done terrible things towards her, she had no reason to feel sorry for him for fighting someone once. 

Dani shrugged and grabbed her bag when she realized more and more people were heading towards their first class, although the school bell hadn't even rung yet. Liv did the same, but remained to look at her friend until she spoke. 

"I heard it was because of a girl." 

That immediately caused the tiny feeling of empathy for Dom to go away, making Liv snort. "That's literally embarrassing." 

"Right," Dani agreed, "and to think Anna is still obsessed with him." 

Anna. Honestly Liv didn't even know where her other friend was. They had never fought for this long, mainly because Dani always tried everything to get Anna and Liv to talk again. But this time it wasn't only Liv who was mad at the blonde girl; they both were. 

Speaking of her, Liv and Dani ran into her on their way to class. None of the girls said a single word to each other, though, and even when it was lunch time and Dani and Liv went to their normal spot to eat, Anna wasn't there.