chapter 4

"So he walked you home?"

Liv quickly shushed her best friend, making her aware of the fact that Dom was only sitting a few meters away from them in the same classroom, but then nodded.

She had told Dani everything about Dom, and what had happened between them, because Dani had obviously noticed something was up. She was glad she did, because it felt good to have someone to talk to.

"That's sweet, I guess?" her friend said. After Liv had explained her everything, Dani's perception of Dom had changed completely. Anna's perception hadn't, though.

"I guess," Liv agreed, "I just can't stop thinking about it. I never even saw a group of boys following me in the first place."

"So you think he faked it?" Dani asked her. "But why would he?"

Liv shrugged and groaned as she rested her arms on the desk and laid her head on them. "I don't fucking know. I just want him to leave me alone."

"Just ignore him from now on."

"He's my fucking neighbor, Dani! It's like God wants me to fucking punch him in the face again because it's getting so tempting!"

Liv lifted her head again to look at her friend who quietly chuckled at the desperate tone in Liv's voice. Liv wanted to roll her eyes at her friend, but couldn't help but laugh along.

"Please don't do that," Dani said quietly, eyeing Dom real quick which was something Liv couldn't do as she had her back turned towards him. "I don't want to spend another few days alone in school."

"Don't you have Anna?"

It made Dani sigh and raise her shoulders. "Anna's sweet but... different. She wants everything to be perfect and so the past days she has constantly complained about you and how you've 'changed'."

The little smile that was left on Liv's face faded as she broke eye contact with Dani to look out of the window. It made her think of what Dom said, about her friends, that had eventually made her punch him. The fact that Anna was basically confirming what Dom told Liv made her want to fight him yet again, or Anna.

"I'm sorry," Dani told her seriously when she noticed the change in Liv's mood. "You probably didn't want to hear that."

Liv laid her arms on her desk again to rest her head on them for the second time, but this time not because she was frustrated, but rather because she didn't want to show her friend how sad it actually made her.

"It's fine," she mumbled, closing her eyes. "Anna is right."

"You know I don't-"

"You agree with her," Liv cut her off, "which is alright."

"No, Liv, you're just struggling with things which doesn't mean you've changed. It means you have a hard time at the moment."

"Dom fucking told me you guys should leave me, Dani. And I punched him in the fucking face for it but maybe he was right."

Liv finally looked at her friend again and frowned to make sure she looked rather serious than sad, because if she didn't purposely frown Dani would definitely be able to see her sad eyes.

Dani sighed. "I would never- You know, he deserved to be punched in the face for that."

Liv's frown made place for a short laugh, flinching a little when Dani cupped her cheek.

"You wanna come to Adam's party tomorrow? I asked Anna because I know you don't like parties but I'd much rather go with you, actually. She's been acting shitty."