chapter 10

"He hasn't been in school for what? Four days? I just want to fight him."

Dani chuckled at her own words, but Liv just absently hummed and nodded while her eyes were stuck on a unknown kid that was sitting a few meters away from her. She wasn't even focusing on what he was doing; she was just staring as she was deeply into her thoughts.

"Do you think he's too scared to come?"

"I don't know. Maybe."

Dani was talking about Dom; he hadn't been in school once after his kiss with Liv and it was odd. Something was off, she knew it wasn't just because he was scared.

He wasn't the type or person to be scared of fighting.

Dani scanned her eyes over Liv's face slowly. Liv noticed it obviously, but didn't respond to it.

Part of her was worried about Dom, although she tried everything to push those feelings away. She wanted to hate him, especially whenever Dani reminded her what kind of shitty act it was of Dom to just kiss her, but all Liv could see where his big, guilty eyes after they pulled back.

He knew he was wrong, and that look in combination with the text he had sent her that night hadn't left Liv's mind for days.

She had unblocked him on text now, though, but it wasn't much of a step because she didn't text him back still. He didn't send her another text either. Liv did come back to their conversation at least five times a day just to read his last message.

Something about the entire situation just felt so weird to her. Like she couldn't just hate him and move on. There was something about it that made her keep thinking about it.

"What are you thinking about?" her friend caused her to snap out of her deep thoughts. It was everything she needed to realize her eyes were glued to the kid in front of her, and he was staring back at her now, his eyebrow raised. She shook her head and quickly looked into Dani's eyes.

"Nothing," she shrugged. "I think I'm going home soon."

"Why?" Dani asked, pouting. Even after four days neither of the girls had said a word to Anna yet. They had never not talked for so long, and honestly Liv felt like it was the end of their friendship. It was weird how she didn't even seem to care the tiniest bit.

"Are you sick?"

"No I'm just... not feeling so well."

"Do you want me to stop talking about Dom? I'm sorry if that-"

"It's not that," Liv cut her friend off, looking away because she was lying. She didn't just feel like this whenever Dani mentioned Dom, though; he had been on her mind for four days straight now and it slowly started to make her exhausted.

"So you're leaving me?" Dani asked her, more as a joke in an attempt to make Liv smile. Liv just shrugged and shot her friend a fake smile.

"I guess I am, yeah."

To be sure she would be gone before the bell rang and the hallways were filled with students, Liv grabbed her bag and stood up to leave now instead.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

Dani looked at her with a puzzled look, probably wondering why Liv decided to leave so sudden. She didn't question it really, though, and instead nodded with a slight smile and said, "take care. Text me when you need me."

This time Liv managed to give Dani a genuine smile, as her friend again reminded her that there was someone who genuinely cared about her even though she couldn't really read what was going on. Liv's smile was short, and before she knew it she had turned around to get her stuff and leave the building, missing classes yet again although it was the last thing she should do right now.