chapter 44

Liv looked at the house her brother gave her the address of one more time before she stepped forward and knocked on the door, hoping someone would hear the knocking through the music that was playing.

The music wasn't that loud though: she could barely hear it over the voices coming from inside. No one heard the knocking the first time, but right after she knocked a second time, the door flew open and her eyes met the eyes of a girl she had never seen before.

"Do I know you?"

"I'm..." Liv smiled awkwardly at the girl who gave her the most awful look she had ever seen. "I'm here for Dom. Dominic."

"Who are you?" the girl asked her, completely ignoring what Liv said which left Liv confused as she had no idea if the girl knew Dom or not.

"I'm his ex girlfriend," she explained. "And-"

"Liv!" someone cut her off, pushing the girl Liv was talking to, to the side. For a split second Liv thought it'd be Dom as she expected him to be the only one who would actually wanna talk to her, if he even wanted to, but she quickly saw it was Dom's best friend; Adam.

"Adam," Liv breathed out, smiling lightly again. "Do you know where-"

"Come on in!"

Adam grabbed her arm and pulled her inside, shutting the door behind them with his foot.

"Long time no see," he slurred out, barely looking into her eyes. She wondered how much he had been drinking. "You wanna drink something?"

"I'm good," Liv shook her head. "You know where Dom is?"

"Dom?" Adam yelled way too loud, making Liv roll her eyes. "I don't- I don't know. I know he's fucked up though!"

She saw how Adam laughed and tried hard not to roll her eyes again because she didn't quite understand what was so funny about Dom being obviously not okay.

"What did he drink?"

Adam shrugged. "He got drugs too. Don't know what."

Liv's eyes widened. The last time she knew he had drugs was at the other party. The party where it all went wrong. It couldn't happen again.

"You wanna drink something?" Adam asked her again, yelling in her ear making her even more annoyed with him. She pushed him away from her and turned around to enter the living room where most people were.

It wasn't that crowded in the house, as it was a closed party, but it was crowded enough to make it impossible to easily scan through the room to find Dom. And the house was quite big as well, making her nervous because Dom could be anywhere doing anything.

She pushed a few people aside trying to make it to the other side of the living room, but he wasn't there either.

She made her way back to the hallway, only to bump right back into Adam.

"There you are," Adam mumbled, smiling sheepishly. Liv almost wanted to ignore him and push him away for a second time until he told her, "Dom is outside."

"Outside? Where?"

Adam pointed at the other side of the hallway. "Backyard, don't know why. I just heard he's... fighting."

"Fuck," Liv mumbled and before Adam could say one more word to her she rushed to the backyard. As soon as she opened the door, she found herself between lots of people all standing in a circle, looking at the same thing. It didn't take long for her to find out what they were looking at.