chapter 42

Liv: class is over in 5 minutes you better be here

Richard: i'm omw now, running late tho i'm sorry baby

Liv: we only have 1 hour together today hurry pls

Richard: i'm trying i'm sorry i'll make it up to you!!!!

Liv: you better

Before she could check if Dom, who she had put in the phone as 'Richard' as it was the very first name that came up in her mind when she saved Dom's number, someone took the phone out of her hands.

"I told you no texting in class."

Liv rolled her eyes at her history teacher but couldn't hold back a smile. Ever since he had let Dom stay and had given Liv the phone, she had started to love him slowly. And it wasn't the only thing he had done for them; he let Dom come to help Liv with her homework three times a week now.

It had to be during school time and at school, so her dad who always picked her up wouldn't notice, but so far it worked well.

"Just wanted to check if he was on his way," Liv told her teacher, eyeing the phone when the screen lit up.

The teacher looked as well but too short to read the message. "You'd find out in a few minutes, right? We made some clear rules: as long as you participate in class, your boyfriend can keep coming to see you."

Liv sighed as she nodded, and she held her hand up waiting for the man to give her the phone back, but instead he slid it in the pocket of his jeans and walked back to the front of the class, giving Liv one quick last look before he announced class was over.

She knew he only took her phone to test her, but she wasn't going to go against him. He had too much power to ruin every single thing she had at the moment. She could not mess up her reputation with him.

As everyone around her was packing their stuff and standing up to leave, Liv remained to sit behind her desk and watched her teacher as he put the phone on his own desk. The screen lit up for a second time and this time the teacher did take the time to read the message, and he smiled at it.

"What does it say? Is he still coming?"

The man smirked and shrugged. "If you waited a few more minutes with using your phone you would've known."

By the way the teacher was smiling Liv assumed Dom was still coming, so she grabbed her history book and opened it to kill some time before Dom would come.

It took longer than she expected though, and ten minutes had passed before the door finally opened and Dom rushed in. Liv saw him heading over to her desk in the corner of her eye, but she didn't move to greet him or even look at him.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry," Dom breathed out, putting the stuff that was in his hands on the desk next to her and sitting down on the chair. Liv still didn't move and just stared at a word in her history book, trying hard not to smile because she wanted to be mad at him.

"I'm so sorry I'm late it's just... I forgot the time." He was looking at her and was now stroking his knuckles over her cheek shortly. "I know you're mad but are you gonna ignore me the entire time? Because we only have like 45 minutes left and-"

Before Dom could even finish his sentence Liv moved her chair and stood up just to sit down on his lap. She remained to look forward and ignored his appearance further, but she did let her back rest against his chest. She ignored the warm feeling she got when Dom's arms wrapped around her and he kissed her cheek, and instead grabbed her history book to move it to the desk Dom was sitting behind to just read further in it.