chapter 15

"So I'll see you tomorrow then."

Liv, who was following Dom to his house, stopped in her tracks immediately and frowned.

"Oh, I thought I was- we were gonna-"

"I just don't want you to feel like I'm using you, or to make things more complicated for you," Dom said seriously, turning around as he was still holding the key that he had put in the lock of the door.

"I told you I don't feel like that," Liv told him, crossing her arms underneath his jacket that was still hanging on her shoulders, but making sure it wouldn't fall off.

"You didn't say that."

"Then I'm saying it now."

Dom was about to say no again; Liv could see it in the expression on his face. But there seemed to be something in her eyes that made him change his mind and he eventually sighed and opened the door for them both.

"Take your shoes off. My mom has cleaned the floor today."

Liv couldn't help but chuckle and she shot a quick look at her own house to see if there was anyone who could be watching her going inside. But all blinds were closed and although the light were still on, she knew no one was wondering where she was.

"Do they know you're here?" Dom asked her when he obviously noticed she was looking. Liv shook her head and let him close the door behind her so she could take her shoes off.

"My dad thinks I hate you."

She heard Dom chuckle and his eyes remained focused on her as he said, "do you?"

Liv didn't respond to him, and just looked into his eyes keeping the eye contact until he was the first one to break it. She saw how he licked his lips, for some reason looking like he was suppressing a fond smile, and then he turned around to walk up the stairs.

"Follow me, miss Peterson."

It was like Dom had never even moved in his room ever since Liv had last been there; the chair she had been sitting on was still on the same spot and the grey sweatpants that had been laying in the corner of his room were still there. Liv looked at Dom's computer, that was turned off, and looked at her reflection.

"If you want we can work on the school project," Dom said, sitting down on his bed after he found the remote of the tv that was hanging on the wall, facing his bed. He crossed his legs before he turned the tv on and shot Liv an amused look once she locked eyes with him.

"No thanks," she said, the right corner of her mouth curling up. Slowly, Liv walked over to the bed and sat down on the edge, turning to see what Dom was selecting on the tv. It didn't take long until Dom's hand wrapped around her wrist and he pulled her towards him, causing her to almost fall over and bump into him.

"Come sit down. I won't bite."

And so Liv sat down next to him, cross-legged, so their knees were touching. For a moment she regretted coming over, because she had no idea how to act around him. Were they just going to sit next to each other the entire movie and not say a word nor move?

It looked like Dom was reading her mind again; she felt his hand gripping her jaw forcing her to look at him. His grip wasn't tight, though, and his eyes were soft although Liv's heart had already picked up its pace as soon as she felt his hand touching her face because she had expected him to dominate her again.