chapter 9

Although Liv could feel blood streaming down her leg as she had cut it open on the wooden plank she had jumped off, it didn't stop her from running away from the movie theater, towards the exit of the mall. Not only because she could hear Dom following her, but also because she knew damn well she had talked too loud and there was a huge chance they would get caught.

She couldn't afford getting in trouble right now; she had enough problems on her own. And to think Dom would be the reason she would get in trouble made her run faster because there was no way she was going to let that happen.

Liv could still feel her lips tingling as she left the mall, meeting the cold air again. It was just a two-second kiss, but she just couldn't get rid of the feeling. Maybe because she couldn't stop thinking about it.

She had no idea whether Dom was still following her, but Liv kept running for another two minutes until she finally slowed down, trying to catch her breath. Dom wasn't behind her anymore. Not that she expected him to be though; she knew he wasn't like that.

He was different than she thought he was, though. She thought he had changed. And maybe he had, but it wasn't necessarily a change in a good way.

Liv looked down at her leg, seeing how blood had completely messed up her trousers, socks and shoes. It was burning too, but there was nothing she could do about it except for going to Dani's house and hoping she was home to offer some help.

Dani lived closer to the mall than Liv did. And besides, Liv hadn't spoken to her dad in days, so she didn't want her bleeding leg to be the first thing he saw.

A ten minute walk wouldn't be too bad normally, but considering the fact that Liv was absolutely exhausted from running and could barely stand on her leg as the cut kept brushing over her trousers, no matter what she tried, the walk felt like an eternity. But it wasn't for nothing, because as soon as she finally rung the doorbell of Dani's house, Dani opened the door.

"Liv? What-"

Dani let her eyes scan over Liv's entire body and stopped when she saw the blood on Liv's leg.

"What happened?"

Quickly, Dani opened the door further so Liv could come in, and she didn't even give Liv a chance to hesitate first as she just pulled her inside by her hand.

"What the hell happened?" Dani asked again, her voice quiet probably so her parents wouldn't overhear. She lead Liv up the stairs, to the bathroom, still holding her hand until they were inside and Dani locked the door.

"I skipped school and went to the movie theater with..."

Liv stopped mid-sentence just to prepare herself for the explaining she had to do as she knew it was going to sound insane.

"With?"

"With Dom."

"With Dom?!" Dani exclaimed, quickly slapping her hand on her mouth as she listened to check if her parents wouldn't check on them.

Liv nodded and let out a laugh, just because it sounded crazy.

"Why?! It didn't end so well I see," Dani spoke as she looked at Liv's leg again as she suddenly seemed to remember that it was bleeding. She quickly got a towel and made it wet and cold before she sat down on the bathroom floor and tried to push Liv's trouser leg up to get to the wound. It hurt, as the trouser leg had gotten stuck in the cut, and Dani immediately stopped when Liv groaned in pain.

"It looks deep as hell," Dani told her, looking up into Liv's eyes, who nodded.

"Did Dom do this?"