chapter 13

Dom said don't overthink it, so Liv tried her best not to, but that was easier said than done.

She wasn't even overthinking what they would do next anymore; after her and Dom talked about it again, she could kind of let it go.

What she was overthinking now, was the fact that she couldn't stop thinking about kissing him. Instead of wanting to punch him all the time she now just wanted to kiss him. She didn't know what it was, but it kept popping back up in her mind.

It made her confused about her feelings; she couldn't even figure out whether she just liked kissing him or she actually started to like him.

"Liv."

Her train of thoughts stopped when her English teacher crouched down next to her desk, exactly like the day before.

"Did you and Dom talk about the project? Did you guys work on it?"

Liv shot Dom a quick look, but obviously, as he was sitting on the other side of the classroom, he couldn't hear what the teacher just asked her. So he just shot her a confused look back, making her shake her head in response.

"No?" Mrs. Davis asked her.

"I mean yeah," Liv quickly said, looking at Mrs. Davis now rather than Dom. "We did. We uh... worked on it yesterday."

"What did you do? Can I see?"

Slowly Liv opened the laptop that had still been in her backpack, and she searched for the document Dom had shared with her after she had gotten home. They never really got more than just Dom's ideas he had written down, but Liv hoped Mrs. Davis hadn't seen his ideas yet.

The teacher started reading the document carefully, and hummed every now and then until she said, "looks good, Liv."

"Okay," Liv breathed out and her eyes were glued to the screen as she was for some reason praying her teacher would just stand up and walk away from her now. She did, which caused Liv to breathe out slowly.

Her phone buzzed quickly after.

Dom: what did she say? was she checking our progress?

Liv: yeah she checked the document. she said it looks good

Dom: she did??

Liv: yes so good job because it's all your work lol

Dom: she has already seen it liv. a few days ago.

Liv: she did??

Dom: yes

Liv looked up at Mrs. Davis after her short conversation with Dom over text and frowned. She guessed the teacher must have forgotten she had already seen the notes.

That was what Liv kept in mind the rest of class, until the bell rang and Mrs. Davis stopped her before she could even stand up from her desk.

"Can you stay for a bit?" she asked quietly, which felt kind of unnecessary because no one was listening anyway as they were all leaving the classroom. Liv nodded and leaned back against her chair, eyeing Dom real quick who happened to be looking in their direction.

Mrs. Davis saw she was looking at him and turned around to do the same. Liv noticed how a kind smile formed around Dom's lips when he looked at the teacher and he shortly waved before leaving the classroom. Mrs. Davis did the same and as soon as it was only Liv and her teacher, she sat down on the chair Dani had been sitting on.