chapter 58

"Cocaine can cause seizures too," Liv read from her phone screen, not looking up from it and instead scrolling down to see what else the article said.

"What are you doing?"

Dani was watering the plants in her room, turning her head shortly to look at Liv who was sitting on Dani's bed.

After Liv had left Dom's house, she had gone home for just a minute. But she really needed comfort and talking to her dad about drugs and her mom, wasn't something she wanted to do at the moment. She avoided talking about her mom to him as much as she could.

So, to still be able to talk to someone, Liv had gone to Dani's house. She had taken enough stuff with her to sleep over, even though she hadn't even asked Dani yet. Dani's parents were great though. They never made a big deal out of it.

Liv had cried at first, non stop for at least thirty minutes. Dani had tried her best to calm Liv down, saying sweet things to her and hugging her until her breathing got back fo normal and tears stopped streaming down her cheeks.

It had been three hours since Liv had last seen Dom now. And right now Liv and her best friend were just hanging out and doing they same stuff they always did together, to make it almost feel like a normal day for Liv so she'd forget about what happened for a moment.

"I'm searching information about cocaine," Liv said to her friend, frowning as she read another thing about seizures and cocaine.

"Why? Turn that shit off, Liv. Who the fuck cares about cocaine and the effects?"

Liv sighed and lowered her phone. She didn't turn it off though.

"I just... I'm just trying to see if cocaine is really that addictive. Like, impossible to quit."

Dani sighed as well and placed her watering can on the windowsill to walk over to the bed and sit on the edge of it.

"Dom was guilt tripping you Liv. Of course he wasn't gonna tell you that it was easy to quit but he just didn't want to. He had to come up with a better, sadder story. He wanted to play the victim."

Liv laid her phone down on the blankets and shrugged as she started playing with her fingers.

"I just read an article that said it's insanely hard to get rid of a cocaine addiction on yourself," she mumbled.

"Of course it's hard to get rid of an addiction. You can say that about all addictions. But Dom just didn't give a shit."

Liv nodded with her head hanging low, staring at her phone screen although she couldn't really make sense of the small letters now.

"I know it's gonna be hard to let him go," Dani said sympathetically, her voice soft. She slowly reached out to grab Liv's phone, turn it off and slide it to her side. "But you deserve so much better."

"I don't think there is anyone better," Liv breathed out sadly, now shifting her eyes to the ring Dom had given her a few weeks ago. A promise ring. It made everything so, so much worse.

"Of course there is!"

Dani grabbed Liv's hands to pull them apart and hold them tightly while she moved further onto the bed, until the girls were sitting face to face.

"There's so much better people. He doesn't deserve your heart of gold Liv."

Liv bit her lip, squeezing her eyes because the first thing that came into her mind was the thought that Dom had a heart of gold too. She wished her thoughts could just shut up for a moment.