chapter 2

"You can work on your projects now."

The English teacher, Mrs. Davis, sat back down on her blue office chair and opened her laptop. "Keep in mind I want to see a draft next week, on Friday," she added without looking into the class again.

Liv rolled her eyes and turned her head towards the window, instead of looking at Anna who was sitting next to her. Ever since Anna and her had a fight the day before, they hadn't said a word to each other. Not even when Anna came sitting next to her in English class a few minutes ago.

"I, uhh, can do the introduction if you want?" Anna spoke up against Liv's expectations. Of course they had to talk at some point, but looking at earlier fights they had had, they could not say a word to each other for an entire day of being together, neither of them wanting to be the one who speaks first.

Liv decided to react to what Anna said with a nod, and mumbled "sure". She didn't look away from the window, though, staying focused on the huge tree next to it, from which the leaves were already falling even though fall was still about to begin.

"You can search some videos on youtube. I mean if you still-" Anna spoke again, sounding obviously nervous rather than angry or annoyed. "I just know you like searching videos so..."

Liv couldn't stop the corner of her lip from going up a little and making her smile slightly. Although she was still annoyed by her friend and what she had said the day before, the fact that Anna made sure to give her a task she would like was pretty cute and considerate.

"I'll do that," Liv said. She finally looked at her desk and grabbed her phone to open YouTube and search for whatever they needed for their project. Even though she had told Anna with so much confidence that she wouldn't do it anymore, they both knew that wasn't true. She could never do that to her friend.

"Mr. Harrison doesn't have a partner yet. Is anyone willing to let him join?"

Liv kept her head down as she heard her teacher talking. She could see in the corner of her eye that Dom was standing next to the teacher's desk, which caused her to bend her head down a little more.

No one responded for a few seconds, making Liv smirk knowing how helpless Dom was right now.

"He can join us if he wants."

Liv's eyes widen as Anna spoke the words, and her head shot up to meet the teacher's eyes which were locked with Anna's.

"No he can't," Liv whispered, quickly turning back to look at Anna as well. "Why would you-"

"It'll be less work for us," Anna whispered back, only meeting Liv's eyes for a second before looking back at Mrs. Davis and Dom, giving them both a smile which alone made Liv want to rip her own hair out.

"Can he?" the teacher asked them as she had watched them exchange some words that were too silent for her to hear.

"I'd rather die," Liv answered, louder than a whisper but not so loud the entire class would be able to hear what she said. Apparently the teacher didn't quite grasp her words either.

"What?"

"She said 'that's alright'," Anna tried to save it, which was the exact moment Liv snapped back into the attitude she had had towards her friend yesterday. She had tried to give her another chance, but this crossed a line.