chapter 8

She hadn't talked to Dom anymore after they went home; not a word. They just both went inside, barely saying goodbye, and Liv made sure to close the blinds before Dom would get to his room and see her.

Not talking didn't mean that their conversation hadn't constantly been on Liv's mind, though. Every word that had been spoken kept replaying in her mind, and honestly she didn't know how to feel about it.

She decided to just let it go, and see how things would go. At least she could stop being so incredibly nervous every time she saw Dom. Because honestly, she didn't really show it, but seeing him made her very nervous.

Hopefully that would end.

"Did you just- Wait, did you just say hi to Dom?"

Dani's eyes looked like they were gonna fall out as she turned Liv towards her, right after Dom had walked past them. Liv had lightly smiled at him, and had mumbled a silent hi that he had returned.

"We talked yesterday," Liv told her friend, laughing at the reaction.

"When? Yesterday night? How?"

"He followed me to the skate park. Honestly I wanted to kill him at first but I guessed talking would be good."

Dani opened her mouth to speak but instead kept looking at Liv in disbelief which made Liv roll her eyes.

"It's not that I-"

"You literally punched him in the face last week and told me he could die."

"I never told you he could die," Liv said seriously, but looking at her friend's face she may have said that once.

"You're so unpredictable and so unbelievable, Olivia," Dani stated, receiving a light punch on her shoulder from Liv when she said her full name.

"I don't immediately like him now. I still... don't, I guess. I just don't have the constant urge to punch him anymore."

"Mrs. Davis would be proud of you," Dani laughed and Liv rolled her eyes and quickly grabbed her stuff to go to class.

Ever since she started taking her medicines again, class went better as well. Maybe it wasn't linked, but she could see how teachers started noticing her changes too.

The only thing that still brought out the worst in her, was Anna. Dani had told her to just ignore her until she was the one who apologized. Liv didn't even know if she wanted an apology, but she still agreed with her friend. It was hard to contain herself, though, especially when Anna started speaking in class.

But she never spoke a word to Anna, and a few hours later it was just her, sitting alone outside during lunch time. Dani had left school for an appointment, and there was no way she was going to spend her lunch break with Anna. So to make sure she would avoid the girl, Liv went outside.

"Did you guys have a fight again?"

Liv looked up to see Dom right in front of her. She was honestly surprised she hadn't noticed him before as he was walking up to her, but she guessed she had just been too caught up in her thoughts. She quickly shook away her confusion.

"Why are you always outside when I am too?" she asked him, instead of answering his question. Dom looked down at his hands, and so did Liv, and she saw he was holding a cigarette that he hadn't lit yet.

"To uh... you know," he mumbled, his hand disappearing in his jacket probably to find a lighter. Liv nodded and rolled her eyes, deciding to not comment on the fact that he was still smoking this time. It was his own choice anyway.