Saturday Morning

Fifteen year old Ricky Baker was awakened out of a sound sleep by the rather irritating noise of his alarm clock. He quickly slapped his alarm shutting it off and then let out a sigh. He did not want to get out of bed, he did not want to face what was going to be a grueling day. He desperately wanted to close his eyes and go back to sleep.

But he knew he could not. His parents told him and his brothers that they needed to be out of bed by six and down in the kitchen for breakfast. He knew if they did not get out of bed soon they would be in the room to get them. And that would be a bad start to the day.

Ricky forced himself to get out of bed as a second alarm clock went off. His twin brother Mickey who slept in a bunk bed across from him appeared from undercover and turned off his alarm. He then tried to disappear under the covers.

"Come on Mickey time to get up." A sleepy Ricky said as he got up. Ricky and Mickey were mirror images of each other. Both of them stood five six, had coal black hair they parted on the left side and warm brown eyes. The two boys were husky built and known to be able to handle themselves in a fight. Though they tried not to get themselves into fights knowing their parents disapproved of such things.

"I don't want to." Mickey let out a soft whine. "It's six in the morning on a Saturday. It should be illegal to make us get up this early."

Ricky let out a small laugh. "I know." He then looked at the top bunk where their stepbrother Dawson Noble was still sound asleep. He thought how in a few months his adoption would be complete and he would be officially a Baker though he has already started using their last name. "Come on Dawson get up." The boy did not respond. Ricky was shocked at how much of a heavy a sleeper he was. "Dawson get up." He said as he began to shake him.

The small framed boy who stood five flat just rolled facing his back to him.

"Five more minutes." He murmured.

"See even he has more sense than to get up so early." Mickey said jokingly.

"Well he has to." Ricky said as he shook the thirteen year old some more. "Come on Dawson get up. Mom and dad are waiting for us."

"Boys time to get up." Ricky heard his stepmother call from the other side of the house. "Your breakfast is getting cold."

"I smell bacon." Mickey said as he rolled out of bed.

"Come on Dawson." Ricky said to the younger boy. "You know dad is going to punish you if you are late."

Dawson's eyes quickly flew open. "Okay I am up." He said as he got up and jumped down. The brown haired boy nervously looked at his older stepbrother as he said "I don't want another spanking this week."

Ricky thought how Dawson had gotten spanked the last day of school for a poor grade on his report card. He had not taken his Earth Science final seriously and bombed the test resulting in a D in the class. His dad did not normally spank for grades but because Dawson could have so easily avoided it by studying he made an exception.

"I don't want you to get another one either." Ricky said but he doubted that his dad would spank him for just being late to breakfast. Spankings were reserved for more serious offenses. Chances were he would be made to stand in the corner or write lines for his tardiness.

"I am rather indifferent to it." Mickey said with a shrug and then gave a sly smile.

"Be quiet Mickey." Ricky said with annoyance in his voice.

"It's okay Ricky." Dawson said. "The mouse is just jealous because he is not as awesome as me."

Mickey then smirked. "In your dreams." Mickey rubbed his hand up the boy's face as he headed out of the room.

"Mickey." Ricky said in a scolding tone only to be ignored.

"It's okay Ricky." Dawson said as they walked out.

He sighed heavily. Ricky had been a bully towards Dawson since day one. He enjoyed pushing his buttons, provoking him, and just annoying the crap out of thirteen year old. He tried to get him to stop but he would just say that he was having fun with him. Of course the only person who saw it as fun was him.

He just loves pushes the limits. Not just ours but our parents as well he thought. Which usually did not go well for him.

And it looks like he is rare form already he thought.

If this day does not end with Ricky getting a spanking I will be shocked he thought as he hurried down the steps.