Unexpected Houseguest

A couple of hours later Lori and the boys came in carrying bags filled with groceries. Lori had the boys place the bags on the counter and then told them to get the rest of the groceries while she started to put them away. She was glad that the shopping had went smoothly.

Though she had a feeling if Mickey had accompanied her it would not have gone so well. The image of the boy constantly complaining the entire time went through her mind. She thought she would not have waited for Pete and just spanked him herself.

That was another thing that she had hard time adjusting to. Pete had not only denied her the right to spank Mickey and Ricky but Dawson as well. He felt that it would be too embarrassing for boys their age to be spanked by their mom. She conceded but felt that he was undermining her authority and trampling on her rights as a parent.

Especially with Dawson she thought. After all he was her son and she should have the right to spank him if she pleased. What right did he have to deny her that she thought as anger began to grow inside her?

No Lori she thought don't go down that road. Pete is a good husband and he only trying to do what he is believes is right. I need to be understanding and patient with him she thought. Though she was not sure how her patience and understanding was going to last.

Her thoughts were interrupted when the boys brought in the last of the groceries. She had them help put the groceries away. Again she smiled at their compliance.

Once the groceries were finished Ricky looked out the back window.

"Mom."

"Yes honey." Lori said as she started to chop vegetables for the dinner.

"Jack is in the backyard."

Lori blinked in surprise. "What."

"Jack is in the backyard."

"Jack's here." Dawson said with excitement in his voice.

Lori walked over to the window and saw Jack laying on the hammock in the backyard. Tension filled her body as she thought how the poor boy was once again dumped on family members by his irresponsible mother.

"Call him into the house." Lori said.

"Okay." Ricky said and walked out onto the porch.

Dawson was about to follow him when Lori said "No you stay in here."

"Okay." Dawson said and watched.

Jack was not sure how long he had waited for them to come home. His mother had dropped him off assuring him that they would be home soon. He had waited on the porch for awhile and then made his way into the backyard where he laid on the hammock and soon fell asleep. He had been in the midst of a dream when he heard his name called.

A smile crossed his face when he saw Ricky on the porch and then hurried towards him. Jack noticed that Ricky shot the neighbor's house a worried look.

"Hey Ricky." Jack said as he grabbed his book bag.

"Hey Jack." The two then fist bumped each other. "Your mom going out again?"

"Yeah." Jack said uncomfortable. "I guess she did not call to tell you guys I was coming."

Ricky shook his head. "No."

"Of course not." Jack said with a bit of anger in his voice.

Dawson then opened the door. "Mom says to come in."

Again Ricky looked at the house and said "Let's go in."

"What's wrong?" Jack asked.

"I'll tell you later." Ricky said as they walked in.