Poppa wolves and momma bears

Pete walked out to get his boys back on track. As he stepped off the porch he saw that Scarlet's father standing on the porch and was calling his daughter back to the house. She said goodbye to them giving them a flirty smile and headed back to the house as Red Benson marched off the porch.

"Get in the house now." He ordered as the boys walked away from the fence and began to focus on their yard work again.

Scarlet went into the house as Red walked over to the fence. "Baker I need to talk to you."

Pete walked over to the fence as he said "Yes Red." It felt like butterflies began to flap their wings in his stomach as Red neared the fence. The look in his eyes mirrored the one he had often seen his father.

"I am going to say this only once, keep your little perverts away from my daughter."

Pete blinked in surprise as a rush of anger went through him. He quickly pushed the anger aside not wanting to get into a fight with the man. "I will talk to them."

"You better Pete or I will castrate each of them personally." He said angrily.

"Don't threaten my boys Red." Pete said angrily.

"Oh it's not a threat Pete be sure of that." Red said and stormed back to his house.

He then saw Lori on the porch whose face was a mask of anger. "Did he just threaten to harm our sons?"

The three boys gave him worried looks.

"Yes he did." Pete said. He shot them an assuring glance letting them know that he would not allow anything to happen to them. The three returned to their work as he continued towards the house.

"Who does that creep think he is threatening our sweet, innocent boys? If there is anyone who needs to be threatened it's that little trollop of a daughter of his." She then clenched her fists. "I am going to give him a piece of my mind."

"Honey don't do that."

"I can't allow him to threaten our sons."

"You mean like how you just threatened his daughter." Pete said.

"That's different." Lori said.

"How so?" He said rolling in his eyes.

Lori looked at him confused. "It just is."

"You should go back into the house." Pete said.

"Don't tell me to go back into the house Pete. I am not a child."

No you're a momma bear protecting her cubs he thought. "I know." He said putting his hands up. "But I don't want you making a tense situation any worse."

"I am not going to do that Pete."

"Are you sure about that?" Pete asked.

"Yes." She said then gave him an uncomfortable look.

"Come on go back into the house." She hesitated for a moment looking at the Benson house and then at her husband. "Please honey just go into the house." He said in a pleading tone.

"Fine I will go into the house." She said with a small sigh and then walked in. Pete then followed her inside closing the door behind him. "I just don't want him threatening our sons."

"He won't as long we keep the boys away from her." Pete said.

She then let out a sigh. "I know I sound crazy but I just don't want our boys hurt."

"I understand that." Pete said giving her a hug. He then thought I am so glad I don't have daughters.

Lori then let out a sigh. "I better get back to work." There was still vacuuming to be done and the bathroom needed to be cleaned. And then there was the shopping for the party. She thought how she would need to borrow one of the boy's for that.

"I'll go check on the boys." Pete said as he touched his wife's hand and then walked out.