Red junior

A couple of hours later sixteen year old Red Benson junior sat in his room as he sent a text to his sister asking her if she was okay. He waited anxiously for a reply like he did the last twenty times he had texted her. He looked at the cell phone as he thought come on Scarlet just tell me that you are okay.

A few seconds later a reply finally came much to his relief. He quickly opened and read "I'm fine Red. Sorry I did not reply sooner."

"It's okay." He typed. "I am just glad you are okay."

"How's dad."

"He's pretty angry." Red junior replied. "He wanted to go out looking for you but mom made him stay here." He sent the text and typed a second one. He was glad that she made him come inside and stop sitting in the backyard with an ax. "Where are you?"

"At a friend's house."

Red wanted to ask if it was a male friend or female friend but decided against it. He did not really want to know.

"Tell mom I will come back when dad stops acting like a crazy person."

A sly smile crossed his face as he texted. "So you are never coming home then."

"LOL." Was the reply.

The door then opened looked up at his father's stone face. "Hey dad." He quickly typed that he needed to go and then held the phone close to him.

"Is that your sister?" He said as he moved into the room.

"Yes."

"Is she okay?"

"Yes." Red junior said. "She is staying over a friends."

"I hope for her friends sake that this is friend is a female."

"I am sure it is." Red junior said unconvincingly.

Red gave him a skeptical look as he said "Time for bed."

Red junior looked at the clock it was only a little after ten. "Dad come on its not eleven yet."

"I don't care." Red said. "You go to bed when I tell you to."

"Yes sir." Red junior said with a small sigh. He's only doing this to me because he can't punish her.

Red junior got up and pulled off his shirt that he tossed into the hamper.

"I know your sister hates me for what happened." Red junior thought yes she does as he pulled his belt off and hung it in his closet. "But I am only doing it because I have her best interest in mind. She's naïve, she does not understand that boys only want one thing from her."

Red junior then thought did you ever consider that she only wants one thing from boys as well.

"I can't let them corrupt her innocence."

Red junior suppressed the urge to laugh. Any innocence his sister had was corrupted a long time ago. He thought how she would probably be corrupting Mickey and Ricky and not the other way around. But he did not dare say that, he was not suicidal.

"I may be extreme but I am only doing it to protect her."

"I understand." Red junior said as he put his pajamas on.

Red shook his head and said "No you don't son. You can't possibly understand until you have your own daughter and you have a bunch hormonal teenage punks living next door to you."

Red junior then sighed as he said "They're not punks dads."

"Of course they are teenage boys."

A hurt look crossed his face. "I'm a teenage boy dad does that make me a punk. A pervert like you call them." Pain filled his face as he as he asked "Would it be okay for some other dad to insult me, threaten me, or assault me because he does not want me around his daughter."

His face twisted in anger. "I would kill anyone who touched you."

The boy blinked in surprise.

"You unlike those pieces of filth next door are a good boy and anyone who does not treat you with the respect you deserve will have to answer to me." His fists clenched and unclenched as he spoke.

"I am sure Mister Baker feels the same way about his boys."

"He probably does and I don't care." Red said with a shrug. "Come on stop dawdling and get to bed."

"Yes sir." Red's junior said as his cheeks went red with embarrassment. I'm sixteen he thought I should not have to do this. Red junior crawled into bed as he wondered if Mister Baker made his boys have a bedtime. Probably not he thought. I am probably the only kid my age with a lights out.

He envied Scarlet who was probably staying up as long as she wants tonight.

"Good night son."

"Good night dad."

Red hit the lights and walked out. When the door closed Red junior pulled out his cell phone and texted his sister again letting her know what happened. He then let out a sigh as he stared up at the ceiling.