Red Junior and Scarlet

It took some convincing for Red junior to find out where Scarlet was staying. Though part of him doubted that the address she was currently at was where she spent the night. He would not have put it past to have stayed at one place and then asked to be dropped off at another so he would not find out where she was last night. Not that he really cared at this point. The only thing that the sixteen year old boy cared about was that his sister safe. Though he really did hope that she had not spent the night at boy's house.

He pulled into the driveway a brown two story house wondering which one of her friends lived there. He did not recognize the name on the mailbox which did not mean anything. Red junior did not know the last names of Scarlet's ever growing number of friends. And it was hard to keep track after awhile.

He sent a text letting her know that he was in the driveway and she texted back that she would be out in a few seconds.

The door opened and Scarlet stepped out followed by an overweight girl with short brown hair. Red junior tried to remember her name but could not think of it. He just always referred to her as the angry girl.

The two said goodbye as Scarlet stepped off the porch. Their eyes met causing the girl to cast an angry scowl at Red junior. He felt a chill go up his spine as the girl's glare bore into him. He was sure at moment his body would discinergrate under her gaze.

The passenger door opened and Scarlet got in a she said "Thank you for picking me up." The girl crossed her arms as she continued to stare at Red. What is her problem he thought.

"No problem." Red junior said as he waved at the girl. "Your friend does not like me too much."

"Don't take it personally." Scarlet said.

The girl then flipped both middle fingers at him to his shock. "I think I am going to take it personal."

Scarlet's eyes widened and she quickly rolled down the window and stuck her head out. "Be nice to my brother Barbara." She yelled at the girl. Barbara gave her an annoyed look as she walked back into the house.

"She really does not like me." Red junior said.

"It's not just you." Scarlet said. "She hates all men."

"That does not surprise me." Red junior said. He thought she would probably be happy if some virus killed all the men on the planet.

"So where are going?" Scarlet asked. "Please don't tell me that we are going home. The last person I want to see right now is dad."

Red junior shook his head as he said "No mom does not want us home right now. She'll tell us when we can come home."

Scarlet then received a text. It was from Barbara. "Tell your pig brother to get his pig mobile out of my mom's driveway." Scarlet then let out a sigh. "We should go."

"Okay." Red junior said and Scarlet sent her a text back telling her friend that they were leaving. Barbara looked out the window and watched them as they pulled of the driveway.

"Happy now." Scarlet texted.

"Estatic." Barbara replied and Scarlet snorted a laugh.

"So this is where you spent the night?" Red junior asked.

"Yes it is." Scarlet said.

"And nowhere else?" Red asked.

"Oh hi dad when did you get here." Scarlet said sarcastically.

Red gave his sister an uncomfortable look and then said "Sorry."

"It's okay." Scarlet then said "Where I spent the night not yours or anybody's business but mine. Just like who I choose to talk to is no one's business but mine."

"Dad does not see it that way."

"Dad needs to accept the fact that I am an adult."

Red junior smirked. "You are not an adult."

"I'm not a little girl either." Scarlet said with annoyance in her voice. "And he needs to accept that." She then looks at her brother. "Just like he needs to accept that you are not a little boy that he can keep pushing around." An uncomfortable look crossed his face. His stomach began to tie in knots as he thought how angry his father was with him. "You need to stand up to him."

"That's not going to happen." Red junior said. "I am not strong like you and mom."

"You can be." Scarlet said.

"I guess." Red junior said keeping his eyes on the road.

"You can't keep letting him treat you like you are ten year old Red."

Red junior then let out a sigh. "Let's just change the subject." He said as he turned a corner.

"Fine what do you want to do?"

"I don't know." Red junior said with a shrug. "The Bakers invited us to church, we could go there."

Scarlet then let out a hard laugh. "I don't think so." She then thought about the Baker boys and how her father had treated them. "Are they okay?"

"They're fine." Red junior said. "And as long as they stay away from you they will continue to be." He cringed at the thought of what his dad will do to them if he catches them talking to Scarlet.

"He is ridiculous." Scarlet said shaking her head. "We were just talking that's it." She then thought about both Ricky and Mickey and how she would like to do more a little more than just talk to them. She wondered if the two had ever kissed a girl before. She was pretty certain that neither had.

I am going to have to find a way to change that she thought as they drove down the road. And their cousin Jack as well she thought.