In the midst of chaos

Red junior desperately pushed his way through the crowd hoping to find Scarlet. His heart began to race as he feared the worst happening to her and what his father would do to him if something did. He made his way into a clothing store hoping that she had went in there but to his disappointment she was not there.

He chided himself for not only losing her but his phone as well. His heart sunk at the thought of his poor phone. He was certain that it had not survived the trip through the mall. He imagined that had been trampled on by several times and was probably scattered around the mall in pieces.

And if by some chance it survived someone probably claimed ownership of it. He thought when he found Scarlet he could check lost and found for it but thought that there was little chance it was going to be there.

He scanned the mall again wondering where his sister could be. He could not leave the mall until she was sure that she was safe. He was about to head into another clothing store when he saw Barbra making her way down the mall.

Relief went through him when he saw her. He was certain that she had her number and that she could call her make sure that she was safe.

"Barbra." He called out to her but she continued on her way. He began to chase after trying to push his way through shoppers as he called her name. He received a hard punch in the stomach that almost sent him to his knees but he pushed through not wanting to lose her.

He ran to her yelling her name but she continued to ignore him. She walked into the bookstore that was filled people. Red junior ran in only to be tripped at the door by a customer. The guy laughed as he walked out.

"Jerk." Ian muttered as he got back to his feet and began to run after again. She was at set of stairs that led to the second level when he caught up with her. "Barbara please stop." He said in with desperation in her voice as he grabbed her arm.

"Don't touch me." She yelled as she spun around and slapped him hard across the face. "How dare you put your filthy paws on me you sexist piece of filth." She continued to hit him pushing him back.

"Barbra please stop." He said as he grabbed her arm. "I was just trying..."

"Get off me." She howled as she pulled away. "Help!" She screamed. "Someone help me, he's trying to rape me."

Red junior took a step back and held his hands up. "No I just wanted to talk to you."

"And that gave you the right to sexually assault me." Barbra said as she shook with rage.

"I did not sexually assault you."

"Yes you did." She screamed and then punched him in the chest. "You put your hands on me without my permission. You raped me with your slimly, disgusting touch."

"I'm sorry." Red junior said as she continued to hit him. "I just need your help."

"And why should I help a sorry excuse for a human being like you." She said trembling with anger. She then shoved him back.

"I need your help to find Scarlet." He said. "She's somewhere in this mall and I can't find her." He said with a desperate look in his eyes. "I lost my phone and I have no way to contact her, can you please call her for me and find out where she is." He then heard screams and shouts coming from the mall area. A shiver went up his spine as he got the feeling that something bad was happening. "I need to get her out of here."

Barbra gave him an impatient look as she said "Scarlet is fine and she does not need your help. Now drop dead."

She turned to go up the stairs and then Red Junior said "Wait a minute how do you know she is okay?" Red Junior then heard a commotion at the store entrance. He turned to see a group of people hurrying into the store fleeing from whatever was happening in the mall. He then jumped on the bottom step as the crowd of people hurried past him towards the exit.