Snooty and Inquisitive Guests

It was not the pizza boy liked the boys had hoped. Instead it was their mother's snooty friends Ben and Susan Taylor. Dawson gave them an uncomfortable look as he greeted them, their less than enthused response to his mom marrying Pete went through his mind. They did not feel that Pete was good enough for her and could not comprehend why she was marrying him. To them Pete was an uncouth redneck who was not worthy to stand in their presence let alone marry their best friend.

He thought how they did very little not to show their disapproval during the wedding and Dawson was shocked that they had been invited to the house. He thought his mother was finished with them after their behavior at the wedding.

Susan gave him a tight hug as she said "How are you doing Dawson?" She stood five eight and had light brown hair and brown eyes.

"Good." He said as he gave her an uncomfortable look.

Susan then eyed Pete suspiciously as she said "Is he treating you okay?"

"Yes ma'am."

He could see a look of disbelief in her eyes. "You know you can always talk me right honey."

"I know." He then thought I know but I don't really want too.

"Don't ever be scared to come to me if you need help."

"Believe me Aunt Susan there is nothing tell." Dawson assured her. "My dad treats me well."

Susan frowned at him calling Pete his dad. She wanted to remind that Pete was not actually his father and that he should not call him that. If anyone truly deserved to be considered a dad to him it was her husband. Ben had been more of father to him than Pete Baker could ever hope to be. Which sadly had not been forgotten over the past few months.

"Okay." She said as she gave him another hug.

Dawson gave her another uncomfortable look as she walked over to Martha and greeted her. Pete put his hand on Dawson's shoulder and told him to go sit back on the couch. He said okay and looked back at Susan who shot him a look of sympathy.

That poor boy Susan thought as she looked at Dawson as he sat down next to the other boys. "I am so glad that you and Ben are here." Martha said as Ben and Osgood greeted each other. "And I know Osgood is glad that there is finally someone here who he can have an intelligent conversation with."

The door bell then rang again and Susan observed a look expectation in the eyes of the four boys. She wondered what they were getting all excited about. Something pedestrian and uncultured she was sure of it. She hated to think the influence that the older boys were having on poor Dawson.

She gave Pete a nasty look as he went to answer the door. "I am sure he is." Susan then looked at Jack. "Why is that other boy here? What is his name Justin?"

"Jack." She looked at the fourteen year old in derision as she spoke his name.

"Yes Jack." Susan said. "Why is here I thought no children were allowed at the party."

"Please don't even get me started." Martha said with disgust in her voice. "I already told my sister how unhappy I am with his presence."

"Good for you." She said. "It's bad enough that his two miscreants are here we really didn't need any other members of his misbegotten family in attendance."

"But alas they are here." Martha said shaking her head.

"Your sister really needs to learn to stand up for herself and make him stop pushing her around." Susan fired invisible daggers at Pete as he spoke to the new arrivals.

Susan thought how she could not for Lori to come to her senses and call this sham of a marriage off.

"I agree."