Sunday School part I

The boys said goodbye to their parents and walked to their Sunday school class. Ricky was lost in thought as he walked around the classroom waiting for it to start. His mind kept going to Scarlet, he yearned to talk to her again, to hear her laugh, to see her smile. He hated that he was not allowed be around her anymore.

It was not fair he thought. He went over to the window and looked as he wondered what she was doing. Was she thinking about me as much as I am thinking about her he wondered.

I doubt it a voice said in the back of his mind.

"Hello Ricky." He heard a voice say.

Ricky turned to see Faith Moore standing behind him. The teen stood five, five had long brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a white and blue dress that covered her entire body. The only skin that was showing were hands and face.

"Hey Faith." He said. His mother's comment went through his mind. He could not help but feel uncomfortable as he thought about what she said. "How are you?"

"I'm fine." She replied nervously. "How about you?"

"I'm okay." Ricky said almost convincingly.

"Are you sure about that?" Faith said with a smile. "Because you don't sound okay."

"Yeah just got some stuff going on at home." He said.

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"Faith." A sixteen year old boy said who stood at the front of the class. "Faith I need you to come over here." Faith's twin sister sat in a chair in the front of row sitting perfectly still as she looked straight ahead.

"I'll be there in a moment Ben." Faith said and then returned her attention to Ricky. "Sorry about that."

The teenage girl then turned and said with a bit of a scowl. "Faith you better do as Ben says."

The boy then snapped his fingers and told the girl to turn back around. Ricky could not help but shoot him a look of disapproval.

"Faith I need you over here now." Ben said in an authoritarian tone.

Faith blew air threw her teeth. "I better go. I'll pray for you."

"Thanks." Ricky said.

"Faith." He said firmly. Ricky expected that any moment Ben was going to rush over to her, throw her over his shoulder and carry her to her seat.

"I'm coming Ben." She said with a bit of impatience in her voice. The sixteen year old responded to her tone with a slight frown. "I'll talk to you later."

"Okay." Ricky said and watched as she walked to her brother. Ben jabbed his finger towards the seat next to her sister and she sat down.

Dude she is not your daughter Ricky thought. Don't treat her like that. He wanted to say something but decided that it was none of his business. He then returned his attention to the world outside the classroom as his mind went back to Scarlet.

"Hey Ricky." Ben was at his side.

"Yes Ben." He said as he looked at Ben. He then saw Faith over her shoulder watching the two of them. Her sister told her to turn around and she looked forward. "What's up."

Ben crossed his arms as he said "I need to ask you what your intentions are towards my sister."

"I'm sorry what." Ricky said letting out a small laugh.

"What are you intentions towards my sister?"

Ricky suppressed the desire to laugh more as he raised his hands. "Believe me Ben I have no intentions whatsoever towards either of your sisters."

"Come on." He said shooting him a skeptical look.

"Honest man." Ricky said. "I have absolutely no interest in your sister whatsoever."

"Why not." He asked in an offended tone. "Are you saying my sister is not good enough for you?"

Ricky blinked in surprise. "No not at all."

"I mean my sister is a smart, funny girl who loves the Lord and you would be lucky to have her as a girlfriend."

"Yes, yes I agree." He said his mind whirling. "It's just that my heart belongs to another."

"Oh." He said a bit shocked. He could not help but wonder who Ricky could like more than his sister. "Mind if I ask who?"

"You don't know her." Ricky said as he scratched his arm. "She's my neighbor. Her name is Scarlet." Ricky could not help but smile as he spoke her name.

Ben's face then fell. "Scarlet Benson."

He then looked at him in surprise. "You know her."

"Yeah." He said uncomfortable. "She dated a cousin of mine a couple of months back." He then looked away as he muttered something.

"I'm sorry what." Ricky said.

"She was my first kiss." It was Ricky's turn to be uncomfortable. "Technically she is my only kiss." His cheeks began to glow warm. "And it was really not my idea."

"It wasn't." He said as he raised a curious eye brow.

"Of course it wasn't." He said a bit insulted. "I just told you she was dating my cousin." He then looked around the room and said in a lower voice. "We were at his birthday party and we were alone at one point, she asked me if I had ever kissed anyone, I said no and next thing I knew she was kissing me." Guilt and shame filled the sixteen as he spoke. "I didn't resist."

Ricky felt a spark of jealousy go through him as he listened.

"Needless to say my parents were not too happy when I told them." He said shifting uncomfortable. He rubbed his backside as the memory of the whipping he got with his dad's belt went through his mind. He was also not allowed to play lacrosse for an entire month because of it. "And her relationship with my cousin did not last long."

He thought how Ben was lucky that her father did not learn about the kiss. He probably would have shot him if he found out.

"Stay away from her man." Ben said. "She is bad news."

"That's what my mom says too."

"And she's right." Ricky looked away from him. "Believe me man stay away from her. It's for your own good." I wish I had he thought.

The youth pastor then came to front of the class and told them to get seated. As Ricky walked to the front of the class he could not get the image of Scarlet kissing Ben out her mind. He pushed it from his mind thinking that it did not mean anything. He had kissed girls in the past too. Okay only two and one of them was when I was five. But I have a past just like her.

"It's no big deal." He said under his breath.

"What?" Mickey said.

"Nothing." Ricky said as his cheeks went red.

He sat there trying to focus on the lesson and stop from thinking about what Ben said. He then thought about Scarlet being over a friend's house. He coud not help but wonder again if it was a male. Did she kiss him too?

Ricky sighed as he thought I need help.