Mom and Dad

The three then soon walked into the kitchen where their parents waited for them. Lori Baker smiled as she saw the three of them. She stood five five, was slender built and shoulder length brown hair. Her brown eyes were warm and inviting and put one at ease.

She rubbed the back of Ricky's head and gave him a slight kiss. "How did you sleep honey?"

"I slept fine mom." Ricky gave his stepmother an awkward look. Even thought his parents had been married for eight months he found it difficult calling her mom.

"That's good."

She then gave Dawson a hug. "How did you sleep baby."

"Okay." He said as his cheeks went red from her show of affection.

"That's good."

She then rubbed the top of Mickey's head who was already seated at the table eyeing the plate of bacon. "Did you see sleep well honey?"

"Yep." Mickey said causing a disapproving frown to form across her face. He then gave her an uncomfortable look as he said "Yes." His mom had a strong dislike for slang and made it her mission in life to delete it from the boy's vocabulary.

She then smiled and said "That's better."

"Good morning boys." Pete Baker said as he took a sip of his coffee. "Are you ready for today?" The forty year old man sat his mug on the table. The mug had the words world's best dad printed on it. It had been given to Pete by Ricky and Mickey two years ago for Father's Day and it was one of his most treasured possessions.

"Yes sir." Both Ricky and Dawson said with very little enthusiasm in their voices.

"Not really." Mickey said.

Pete stood six four and had coal black hair and brown eyes like his sons. He was muscular built and his hands were hard and calloused. He gave his son an amused grin as he said "Well I am sure you will manage Mickey."

"I don't know maybe we should forget about doing yard work today." Mickey said. "I am just not feeling it."

"You are going to be feeling it in a few minutes if you don't stop."

Mickey then laughed and said "Yes sir."

Ricky shook his head in dismay. "You have a death wish you know that."

"Come on boys eat." Lori said.

The three then helped themselves to the eggs and bacon that had been set before them. They spent the next twenty minutes discussing what they were going to do now that school was out. Ricky wanted to see the new Z-men and hoped his parents allowed him to see it. His father seemed fine with but Lori appeared to have reservations and Pete told him they would discuss it later.

After breakfast Pete stood up and said "Ricky, Dawson come outside with me Mickey help your mom with the dishes."

"Oh come on that is women's work." Mickey said as the two younger boys had got up from their seats. They both froze and stared at him in utter astonishment.

"You were right he does have a death wish." Dawson muttered to Ricky.

Ricky could not help but nod in agreement.

Lori shot the fifteen year old a nasty look as she said "Excuse me Mickey."

"You stepped in it now." Dawson said jokingly.

"No offense." He quickly said. He then glared at Dawson who was moving around the table with Ricky towards the backdoor.

"Offense taken." Lori said. "You just volunteered for laundry duty as well."

"Come on I was just kidding." Mickey then looked at his father. "Dad please..."

Pete put his hands up. "I am not helping you son. You got yourself into the mess."

Ricky and Dawson then laughed.

"So unfair." Mickey said.

"Let's go honey start clearing the table."

He then let out a groan as he grabbed the plates.

Pete shot his son a look of disapproval. "Mickey." The boy then looked at him. "Your attitude better change quickly."

"Yes sir." He said as he walked over to the sink.

Pete looked at his wife and said "Let me know if he gives you any trouble."

"I will." She said and Mickey gave him a nervous look.