The Mall part IV

Fear crossed Ricky's face and he found himself unable to speak. A sadistic grin crossed the other boy's face. He looked at the others who also seemed frozen in place. A lump formed in his throat as he prepared himself for the beating that was about to come.

We should have just stayed home he thought as terror rippled through him.

"Ricky were up." One of the other teens said.

Ricky's eyes widened as he realized the teen was talking to the pierced teen.

The other Ricky shot him a predatory smile as he said "I'll see you later bug." He then looked at Mickey and gave him a small slap across the face. "You too." The boy's friends then laughed and a few people in line snickered at them calling them wimps.

"You okay." Jack said as he helped him up.

"Yeah I'm fine." Ricky said as he tried to stop shaking. He cursed himself for being a such a wimp.

"Come on move already." An impatient teen said from behind them giving Jack a slight shove.

"Hey watch it." Jack said.

"Or what you guys going to cower like little wimps again." The teen sneered at them.

"Come on let's just get our tickets." Ricky said as his cheeks glowed a bright red.

"I thought so." The teen said and then gave Ricky a slap across the back of the head. Ricky did not even bother to turn around and the teen snickered at them.

Really guys you still want to see the movie after that Dawson thought but did not say.

They walked up to the counter and Ricky said "Four tickets for the two thirty Z-men."

The a blonde hair blue eyed girl at the counter gave them an apologetic expression as she said "I'm sorry its sold out."

"What?" Mickey said as his face fell.

"Yeah we just sold the last tickets to them." She then turned and looked at the five laughing teens that were headed towards the concession stand.

"That's not fair." Ricky cried out. "They cut in front of us."

"I know and I am sorry." She said. "Do you want me to get the manager?"

Ricky was tempted to do it but doubted that it would do any good. Even if the manager kicked them out and gave them the tickets they probably wait for them after the movie to get back at them.

"No that's okay." Ricky said shaking his head as a wave of resignation hit him.

"Do you want to see the three thirty showing?"

Mickey almost said yes but realized that would make them late for meeting their dad. And their dad would not give them permission to see a later airing because that would mean missing the evening service. And honestly Mickey would rather be at church at this point then there.

"Come on you morons move already." The teen behind them yelled. A few other customers chimed in as well.

Mickey gave the boy a nasty look as he said "Why don't you just chill."

"Why don't you drop dead loser."

Ricky ignored the boy and then said "No but thanks anyway." He then looked at the others and said "Let's go."

"About time." The boy muttered as he moved forward.

An empty soda sailed past Ricky's head missing him by a few inches. He did not turn as the can hit the floor and then was kicked around by the crowd.

As they walked away another customer then let out a laugh as he said "They wasted their time."

"Well this was a humiliating outing." Ricky said as he walked over to a nearby bench rubbing the back of his head. He sat down as he watched the other patrons get their tickets and let out a small sigh.

Ricky then looked at Mickey who had a red mark on his cheek. "You okay."

"I'm good." Mickey said as he rubbed his face.

"I'm sorry about this guys." Jack said.

"You have nothing to apologize for." Ricky said.

"Yeah this was not your fault." Mickey said.

Dawson shifted uncomfortably as he said "So what do we do now?"

"I guess we call dad and have him pick him us up." Ricky said.

"Why?" Mickey said incredously. "Just because we are not seeing the movie doesn't mean we have to go."

"Doesn't it." Jack said. He thought how they were only there to see the movie. He doubted that Uncle Pete would be happy with them just wandering around the mall aimlessly. He was certain that would get them in trouble.

Mickey shook his head. "No it doesn't. Let's just walk around."

"I don't want to walk around." Dawson said. I don't want to spend one more moment in this place. "I want to go home." Desperation filled his voice as he spoke.

"Same here." Jack said.

Mickey looked at them in disgust. "You know they were right you guys are wimps."

Ricky was about to rebuke him but was cut off by someone yelling. "Hey everyone look at me." Their eyes widened as they saw a rather obese man in his mid thirties standing on the water fountain completely naked. People gathered around and began to take pictures as the man began to dance.

Mickey quickly averted his eyes as he said "Okay I am good let's go."

People laughed as the man then jumped into the fountain and began to splash around.

Ricky jumped to his feet and quickly walked off. He sent a text off to his dad telling about they were not able to get tickets and asked him to pick them up. Pete replied that he would be there in fifteen minutes to get them.