Harassment

Fifteen minutes later the four boys sat in front of the mall sipping on smoothies as they waited for Pete. Ricky was thankful that a lot of the craziness seemed to be contained inside the mall and they had been left alone as they waited. Though they did get to see the police dragging the naked man from the mall, something that they could have gone the rest of their lives without seeing.

Mickey was leaning against the wall as he said "I don't think I am ever going to get the image of that guy's junk out of my mind." He then shuddered at the thought.

"Please don't even talk about it." Ricky said as he began to get sick to his stomach.

"What was wrong with that guy?" Dawson asked.

"I don't know he has some kind of mental problem." Mickey said.

"Or on drugs." Jack added. He thought how that look in his eyes resembled the looks of some of his moms drug addicted boyfriends.

"Whichever it was he was weird." Mickey said and then took a sip of his drink.

"We should pray for him." Dawson said giving Mickey and Jack an uncomfortable look.

Ricky smiled approvingly and said "He's right. It doesn't matter what he is because it's clear that he needs Jesus and we should pray that he gets saved." Mickey could not help but agree as he nodded his head.

Jack then said "I guess we should pray for this bullies on who cut in front of us in line too."

"Yes." Ricky said. "As well as Mister Benson next door."

"I pray that he stops viewing us as the enemy." Mickey said.

"Same here." Ricky said.

"Well, well, well look who is here the Baker boys the embodiments of white, male privilege themselves." The four snapped their heads and saw Barbara walking towards them with a look of disgust across her face.

"Hello Barbara." Ricky said as he gave her an uncomfortable look. He thought how she actually scared him more than Mister Benson or the bullies who cut in front of them in line. He was certain that any moment she going to produce gun and start shooting at every male in sigh.

No he thought she would never use a gun, it would offend her liberal sensibilities. To her guns were a symbol of the hated the male patriarchy. She would probably use a knife or a baseball bat.

"So what brings you here?" Barbara asked as she glared at them. "Was there a Klan rally scheduled at the mall today?"

"We do not belong to the Klan." Ricky said as he shot her an angry look. "We would never associate with those people."

How could she even accuse us of such thing he thought incredulously.

"Sure you wouldn't." She said with skepticism in her voice. "I bet your hearts are just filled with love for people of color."

"We do have black friends Barbara." Mickey told her.

"What a whole two or three." She said with derision in her voice. "Well doesn't that just make you enlightened." Ricky was about to say something when Barbara then asked "So why are you here?"

Ricky then said "We came to see the new Z-men movie."

Her brow furrowed as she said "Of course you did." She then shook her head. "I should have known that you were here to see some misogynistic, overly testosterone saturated film designed to oppress women created by the white, male patriarchy."

Jack then said "You do know you are white right?"

She gave him an annoyed look as she said "Don't remind me." If there was one thing that she hated almost as men was looking in the mirror and seeing her white flesh. She wished that she could somehow change it, that she was not burdened wearing something that she hated so much.