Sunday School part II

Lori scanned the adult women's Sunday school class as she entered. There was about thirty women in the class ranging from thirty to late forties. The younger women normally attended the college and career class or the young couples class. Older women attended the Senior saints class that was in the church's sanctuary.

She looked across the room and saw Polly Moore talking to a couple of other ladies. Like her daughters she was in a very long dress that covered her ankles and wrists. Lori felt a bit of intrepedition as she made it her way to over to the woman.

Polly Moore smiled as she saw Lori. "Hello Lori."

"Hello Polly." She then said hi to the other two ladies. "Polly I was wondering if we could talk for a moment."

"Of course dear." Polly said in a haughty tone. The other two ladies excused themselves and Polly said "How can I help you."

"I was wondering if your family would like to come over our house for dinner this weekend?" Lori asked.

A look of extreme discomfort crossed her face. "Over your house."

"Yes I think it would be a great opportunity for our two families to get know each other." Lori said. "I think our children would enjoy spending time with yours."

"I am sure they would." Polly said as she shifted her feet. Lori could tell that woman seemed rattled.

"Is something wrong?" Lori said.

"No nothing is wrong." Polly said. "But I will have to discuss with it my husband first. Make sure that he does not already have plans."

"Well if you guys can't make it for this weekend maybe we could do it next weekend." Lori said.

"Perhaps." She said doing little to conceal her discomfort. "Again I need to talk to my husband about it."

"Okay." She said.

The class soon started and Lori could not help but wonder if Polly had a problem with her family. Though if she did she could not imagine what.

The teen class soon ended and the youth pastor dismissed them. Faith walked over to her brother who was talking to a couple of boys and said "Ben would be it okay if I speak to Ricky for a few moments."

Ben looked at Ricky who was laughing with a couple of friends. He felt more relaxed now that he knew the other boy had no designs on his sister. Though he wished that he was not pining away for Scarlet. He wanted disliked the idea of Scarlet getting Ricky in trouble with Scarlet almost as much as he hated the idea of his sister getting into trouble with some boy.

"Okay but don't be long." Ben said. Faith thanked him and began to walk away when Ben then said "And stay where I can see you."

Grace Moore then gave her brother a look of extreme disapproval as she said "Don't you think that you are giving her a little too much freedom Ben."

"It's okay Grace."

Grace pursed her lips as she thought let's see how much mom and dad think it's okay. A smile made its way across her face as she looked at Mickey.

Ben then said "Do you want to talk to Mickey."

Her smiled vanished as she said "No, not at all." Her eyes did not leave him as she spoke.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "It's okay for you to talk to him as long as you stay where I can see you."

A bit of red began to appear in cheeks as she said "Yes I am sure."

A skeptical tone was in his voice as he said "If you say so."

"I say so." Grace said a bit impatiently.