Soleil- 2 (Fight)

RYANS POV

"Soleil, I'm not gonna tell you again, you have to clean up after yourself!" I say for what feels like the billionth time. We were going back and forth for a few minutes before I had enough, and said it a bit louder than I should've. Soleil looks at me in fear and runs away to her room. I look at Cat, as she's heard the whole thing, and she mumbles,

"Give her a minute to cool off." I nod and continue cleaning up the living room. A couple minutes later, Winter comes running out of their room, frantically, calling for us.

"Mommy, Daddy, we need help!" I quickly follow Cat into their room to see Soleil is on her bed, huddled into the wall crying and shaking. I recognize this right away as a panic attack.

"She isn't breathing well, I don't know what that means!" Winter frantically explains while Cat lays down behind Soleil.
"I thought maybe we should call auntie Alba?" He just wants some way to help his sister.

"Ok, bud," I start, crouching down to his level. "She is going to be just fine. I don't think we'll need to call auntie Alba."

"But she isn't breathing!!" He cries out, getting even more worried.

"Come here bud." I pick him up to hopefully settle him down. I turn us towards the girls, seeing how Soleil is on the verge of calming down.

"See, Mom is calming her down, she'll be ok." Winter lays his head down on my shoulder, not taking his eyes off his sister. Soleil lets out a sob, and finally Cat gets her to calm down. It goes quiet in the apartment.

SOLEILS POV

I didn't want to make daddy mad!! I went into my room and crumpled onto my made bed. I grabbed one of my throw pillows and my teddy bear, and started crying into the wall. Winter, who was in the room, noticed me right away.

"Soleil, what's going on??"

"I-I do-don't kno-ow!!" I sob. He came behind me on my bed, trying to see what he could to help me. I didn't know what he could do, and I hated it.

"What happened??" Winter asked me frantically. I just kept sobbing as my breathing started picking up. Winter could tell, and started to get more worried.

"Soleil, why aren't you breathing??" Winter asked.

"I-I-I..." I couldn't breathe. Dad taught me and Winter about hyperventilating one time, and I think that's what's happening to me, but I don't know. It feels like I'm going to pass out. No, it feels like I'm going to die. I hated it so much. My hands were turning red around my teddy bear, I was so tense.

"Soleil, what can I do??" Winter asked while resting his hand on my shoulder. I flinched and Winter retracted his hand. I let out another sob, alerting Winter that he won't be able to do much.

"I'm gonna go get Mom and Dad." He frantically states before hopping off my bed and running out our door. I buried my face in the space between my bed frame and the wall, trying to engulf myself in darkness. I could hear Winter calling for Mom and Dad, all of them running into our room.

"Hey baby," Mommy starts. I could feel her coming to lay down behind me.
"Shhhhhhh, shhhhhhh, you're ok." She mumbled while rubbing my arm. I let out another few sobs as my breathing only continued to gain speed. I was gasping and wheezing for air, which probably didn't help that I was against a wall.

"Soleil, hey, you need to listen to me," Mom said. "Take a big deep breath for me... in... and out..." I shook my head, just wanting it to end, but me not being able to stop it.
"Try another one baby. In... and out..."

Simple, I thought. In and out. In and out.
After a few moments I began to breath along with Mom. It hurt my chest, and I let out another sob.

"Shhhhhh, baby, you're ok... you're with me, you're ok...." I take a few more deep breaths and finally calm down.

"There we go baby girl. Good job."
I shivered as I entered back into the real world.
"Wanna talk about it?" Mommy offers.

"I-I made D-daddy mad." I mumble.

"No you didn't baby. Daddy was just making sure you heard what he was saying. He probably said it a bit too loud, didn't he." I nodded. "Ok."

"I-I also di-didn't clean up though." I whispered, still trying to recover.

"Ok. Would you like to talk to Daddy about it?" I nodded as I felt Mommy turn around. I stayed right up against the wall as Mommy and Daddy switched places.

RYANS POV

Cat looks up from Soleil and motions at me to 'come here'. I set Winter down and switch places with Cat.

"I'm sorry Daddy." Soleil mumbles, still hiding in the wall.

"Baby, you don't have to apologize. I'm the one that overreacted. I should not have been so hard on you, and I apologize for making you feel sad."

"B-but I'm sorry for not cleaning up."

"Ok. I accept your apology. How about next time if you need help we'll do it together, ok?" She nods and turns around to give me a hug.
"I love you so much."

"Love you too." She smiles.

"How about we go have another dance party on the roof?" I suggest. We've done it a few times, where each of us pick a song and we dance together on our roof. Soleil smiles and nods. She grabs her teddy bear and stands up with me. I quickly tell Cat our plan and she runs to grab the speaker and my phone so we can play the music. I make sure everyone has a hoodie on, as it was still quite cold outside, especially at this time of night. The kids race each other up the stairs to the roof, Cat and I following behind them. Winter's song is always first, and Soleil's song is always last, with Cat and I's in between. Winter picks Adventure Is Out There, Cat picks Christmas In June, I pick World's Smallest Violin, and Soleil, to my surprise, picks The Trick. I know she knows that's my favourite song, but she's never picked it before. I queue it all up on my phone and we start dancing. During Adventure Is Out There, we went crazy, we don't care if anyone sees us dancing, we have too much fun. During Christmas In June, or any slow song, we always slow dance. It's funny watching Winter and Soleil try to copy Cat and I dancing, they end up just spinning each other for the duration of the song. For World's Smallest Violin, we always have a competition on who can sing the outro in one breath. Winter gets it almost every time, Soleil can if she hadn't been dancing, Cat gives up laughing because of how concentrated the rest of us are while doing it, and I let Winter win a lot of the time. For The Trick, we always slow dance, and since it's the last song, it's usually with the kids. I grab Soleil and pick her up, as she doesn't get the choreography half the time. I hold her tight and dance around, enjoying our time together. Both of the kids' love language is quality time, followed closely by physical touch, and so dancing together on the roof makes all of us very happy. It almost gives us an emotional and mental reset, something we all seemed to need today. By the end of the song, I could feel that Soleil had fallen asleep. I smile and take in the moment, as I don't get it very often anymore. Winter seems very sleepy and starts yawning, so Cat picked him up and we grabbed the speaker and headed back down. We lay the kids down in their beds, not bothering to change them. They each got a kiss goodnight and we let them sleep.

(A/N thank you to @-Hello_Earthlings- for the inspiration for this story!! Hopefully I did it justice haha)